Jonsered 451e

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rickyrooster

rickyrooster

ArboristSite Guru
Hello, I've got a Jonsered 451 that has a scored piston and cylinder. Does anyone know if you can still get pistons for this saw. I think the cylinder will clean up. If not is there any other pistons avalible that will work in this saw. Thanks for the help. Rick!

PB

Addicted to ArboristSite
Hello, I've got a Jonsered 451 that has a scored piston and cylinder. Does anyone know if you can still get pistons for this saw. I think the cylinder will clean up. If not is there any other pistons avalible that will work in this saw. Thanks for the help. Rick!

Finding a piston would be kind of difficult. How bad is the piston, would a new ring be feasible or is it way passed that point?

whackerk

whackerk

ArboristSite Lurker
Hi
I can send you a NOS piston Pt # 504-41-00.04 Made in Germany, complete with wristpin , clips and ring, .... 42 mm dia. piston by 34.5mm top of piston to bottom of skirt
wrist pin 10mm x 28.5 mm
Or a used piston for that,
send me a PM with your e-mail address and I'll see If I can get some pictures off to you.
Regards

whackerk

whackerk

ArboristSite Lurker
Rickyrooster.
Hows your Jred coming along, have you found a piston from a local dealer?
These were great little saws, a crew of six of us spent a year in the woods back in the late seventies with these saws. Never a problem, heated handles, .325 pitch chain and lots of revs.

Latest posts