Jonsered 52E Value

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eagledrvr

Reaction score
This is a saw my folks owned. I think it was probably used only to saw firewood from 'hauled in' lodgepole pine and fir. I have no idea what it is worth. 20" bar, 3/8 pitch, 50 guage. IMG_0304.jpg IMG_0305.jpg IMG_0306.jpg

Pretty clean, and all there. No chain-brake. Maybe $200 to someone who really wants one?

that is a cool saw. i sold a 70e carcass with no spark for $70 a while back, so i think a clean runner like this should be worth at least $150, key will be finding the right person.

That saw has enough metal on it to dress it up nice maybe just have fun with it and do some custom powder coat or paint. Hell do it up like the old BSA AND TRIUMPH fuel tanks lots of crome with accents of some color to define the shape of the saw it does have a very semetrical look to it

It'd be a shame to repaint a vintage saw that clean in my opinion. If you take your chances on eBay it'll bring 125 all day long, maybe more if the timing is right. Nice saws if I didn't have several already I'd make an offer.

The quality of engineering and craftsmanship that went into those all metal Jonsereds is second to none in my opinion. Almost never see a 49, 52e, 70e with any physical damage other than bent wrap handles so that's a hell of a testament in my view.

The quality of engineering and craftsmanship that went into those all metal Jonsereds is second to none in my opinion. Almost never see a 49, 52e, 70e with any physical damage other than bent wrap handles so that's a hell of a testament in my view.

Agreed!

I love my 70E, they are so well designed and smooth operating.

The engines are well balanced and very high quality, and the controls are so nice, like the rolling throttle vs a metal rod..

I have nothing bad to say about the design and ergonomics of the saw. They have a more solid precise feel av system than all other manufacturers. That is why I said dress it up and have a usable wall hanger conversation starter. The old stihls that had a make over in metallic red looked very nice caught ppls eyes and turns more heads than a stock looking saw. If something is so nice and not bent cracked or nicked up it can make a nice canvas. Like old ford's drop a Chevy in it nice paint n brakes and still very well respected

Back