jonsered 630

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jonsered 630

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
does anyone have a used cylinder for a 630, just picked up another 630 and the cylinder is scored pretty bad. thanx

does anyone have a used cylinder for a 630, just picked up another 630 and the cylinder is scored pretty bad. thanx

If someone closer to you has one then that would be good but if no one else comes up with one I think there is a good one in a box of johnsered parts I have at the shop, there is 5-6 saws and dozens of parts in there. I will check it out tomorrow to make sure it fits the 630.
Pioneerguy600

The Husky 61 / 61 Rancher have the same bore X stroke specs, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the cylinder would be a straight bolt-on replacement. The saws look virtually identical other than color though, so chances are it would work.

Last edited:
The Husky 61 / 61 Rancher have the same bore X stroke specs, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the cylinder would be a straight bolt-on replacement. The saws look virtually identical other than color though, so chances are it would work.

i thought the 625 was the same as a 61... maybe they both are. i have two 625s and the have ALOT of differences between them. can someone clear this up?

Is the 630 a closed port or open port cylinder? The Johnsereds seem to use both types from one model to another. The Husqvarna`s do also so I have noticed lately while pulling saws out for rebuilds. I don`t have an extensive knowledge of the Jonnies and Huskies, I have used and worked on Stihls for around 10 years and Pioneers for 40 years or so.
Pioneerguy600

the 630 is a 48mm closed port cylinder,the 670 is a 50mm closed port cylinder, the 272 is a 52mm closed port cylinder, the 268 was offered as a 50mm closed port and open port, the 61 is a 48mm open port,the 625 I have never seen but I have heard it was also a 48mm open port. Rick

what is the husky equiv?

is there one?

No, not really.

i thought the 625 was the same as a 61... maybe they both are. i have two 625s and the have ALOT of differences between them. can someone clear this up?

625 is similar to the 61. These saws were made for many years and had a lot of changes. There was a 625 and a 625II, but the changes happened all along the run. Same with the 61. A 61 from 1981 is a lot different from a 61 from 1995.

the 630 is a 48mm closed port cylinder,the 670 is a 50mm closed port cylinder, the 272 is a 52mm closed port cylinder, the 268 was offered as a 50mm closed port and open port, the 61 is a 48mm open port,the 625 I have never seen but I have heard it was also a 48mm open port. Rick

:agree2:.............and the 266 was a 50mm closed port, while the 66 was a 50mm open port.

Latest posts

Back