Jonsered 670 No start and pouring fuel out

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ffmech17

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I've been troubleshooting one of our Jonsered 670's that went from running fine one day to not at all the next. Went through the basics, has spark, good comp and was over fueling. I tried cleaning the carb that was on it with no luck still getting fuel on the intake side of the carb and running out of the exhaust. Ordered a new carb threw it on today and same as before saw just pours fuel into the muffler the more I try to start it. Impulse line is good, I did replace that. Any thoughts?

150 on the comp and I've checked the spark multiple times, I also have tried it with 2 different coils...I'm stumped

Use a business card to gap the coil, whatever that measurement is.

The metering lever might be too high, or the needle is stuck. You said you cleaned the carb but not rebuilt it? Were the diaphragms stiff?

If I'm remembering right don't these have a coil separate from the ignition module? If so I believe I have replaced a couple of them modules. You may have fire but if the module is bad it could throw off the timing. Also check your flywheel key.

If I'm remembering right don't these have a coil separate from the ignition module? If so I believe I have replaced a couple of them modules. You may have fire but if the module is bad it could throw off the timing. Also check your flywheel key.
Only the earlier model 670's. Pretty sure the 670 super II's and champs were a one piece coil.

I'll try and catch up here.
Yes I cleaned the original carb and yes the diaphragms were stiff. It was replaced with a new carb same over fueling with fuel running out the muffler.

Started with a new plug, but I'm going to grab another new one on the way to work in the morning.

Yes this is a one piece coil model.

Thanks guys

Latest posts

Back