Jonsered 670 parts

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jred 670

im in desperate need of a top cover (both pieces) and clutch cover and a dawg. these saws must be rare or somthin. if any one has these parts email me please and name ure price. thanks a ton.

Hi, Wedge.

I've got a spare dawg & the main part of the top cover, but not the AF cover--I needed it for my now running (YES!!) 670. As for a price I'd need to do some checking. I've got the K&N filter & adapter that someone put on the saw-if you use it the standard AF cover won't fit on the saw anyway (check out the posts from Stumper).

I've noticed that on the 670 parts saws, at least on ebayware, the clutch/bar covers are usually missing. I wonder what happens to them?

Hope that you're having a good TG. .....Chris J.

ill take what u got, figure out what u gotta have and let me know. i appreciate it. ill be off hunting till monday but just drop me an email. thanks alot.

Good news, bad news.

Good--I added some more Jreds to my modest collection. The 535 seems to have good compression, & it might not take too many parts to get it going. Don't know if I going to keep it or see if there's any interest in it.

Bad--670 Champ wasn't in as nearly as good of condition as I'd hoped. Compression is so low the saw almost broke my foot when I let go of it while holding the recoil. And the chain catcher on this saw is crap. At least it has the piece for the carb adjustment screws.

Doug--Opened your mail today, thanks. Are you still needing the piece that goes behind recoil side cover? As you might recall me mentioning, on my West Coast the groove for the spark plug wire goes to the right (as you're looking at the piece on the saw), & on the Champ the groove goes to the left. Let me know; in fact if you would include the part # that would be great-I want to check something to satisfy my curosity.

Wedge--My apologies for taking so long to get back to this thread. As I previously mentioned I have a spare top cover & dawg, but I now have a spare air filter cover. What happens to these things? Seriously, I'd like to know. Also the bar side cover; I need to clean it up & make sure the chain brake works. And a muffler (seems ok, but has surface rust). I'll PM you tomorrow.

Chris J.

Thanks Chris but I already have one on order from AZ. Was needing a throttle trigger for one of my 630's so I just did both. Too bad on the 670 comp. Will rings help? or is the cylinder too scored? Keep us posted.

Back