Jonsered Camp GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice to see the good time ya'll had.

Wish I still had my 920S.....quit using it in the late '80's when I got a 2100, then later, 066's...Traded it to Dennis Greffard for the port job he did on my 3120 (his first on that saw, using Ken Dunn's numbers--it is still going strong 8 yrs later, after a hone and re ring)

I have a semi-race 372 by Ed Heard that I got used from a retired climber that is really fast. It came with a pipe.....I've never put it on..,..need to do that, maybe get a race chain, and go to some local comps.....but that cc is not a good match for the 5 cube class......

Tempted to get another 2139 from ya, spike......what a 200T killer it is, with just a muffler job...it gained 40% over stock!

A little late to the party! But a few comments:

Thanks Spike for hosting a great day & GTG, Good folks, great food yet again, and an amazing array of two stroke power. The days are too short...

Spike's place is perfect for this type of thing with a really nice work shop back towards the woods where the saws do their thing.

Spike has an amazing collection of J-reds...New to old, just J-red history right there on the porch. (Thanks to Woodchucker81 for the pictures so you all can see this is real! Especially that J-red collection!)

Next time I'll do the deck in "Orange", and we'll play with the Huskies.

Thanks for all of the kind words guys. It's a lot more enjoyable for me to do it here than at the store, which has to be "open", and makes it seem a little like a work day. And like Moto said, "Too much pavement."

Maybe I'll just leave the rest of that tree sit there and wait for our return.

BTW, to whoever cut up the small end of the tree: It was never talked about, but everything was cut pretty much at 16", which is what I do myself. Thanks men. :cheers:

Eric, Niko thanks for explaining the differences in the covers. Perhaps the 45 I saw with the silver top was taken from a 50. It's kind of amazing that Jonsereds had such a line up of similar (49cc) saw all produced around the same time. Acres says the 45 was produced from 75-83 starting a yr earlier and finishing a yr later than the 49SP. Acres site is a wonderful resource but is occasionally off a bit. It usually doesn't get caught until you have the saw in question and are looking for info. The one error that comes to my mind is with the 49SP. Acres says the the timing isn't adjustable and there is no points setting. Inferring that it is electronic ign. When if fact the timing is adjustable and it has points. It wouldn't matter unless you were trying to find out what the points setting was supposed to be. HAHAHA if it were electronic I guess it would have been called a 49SPE...........!! Maybe when the mood strikes me I'll build one!!!!!:cheers:

Jonsered occationally put "silver" top covers on later models for a year or so, at least for some markets. The ones I know of are the 535 and the 2054 (late EPA version). I guess it could have happened to the 45 as well, but that doesn't make it a true silvertop. :)

Last edited:
Jonsered occationally put "silver" top covers on later models for a year or so, at least for some markets. The ones I know of are the 535 and the 2054 (late EPA version). I guess it could have happened to the 45 as well, but that doesn't make it a true silvertop. :)

Does that mean that I can paint a few more saws and call them special heritage edition models, or whatever?

I've got two more cans of silver paint!!:hmm3grin2orange:

Oye Ve....

All you old guys and yer old Jonny's. ;)

It's 2010 ya know. :D :givebeer:

HEY there pup!!!
LMAO!!!!

I ran a 111S at last years PNW GTG, I was impressed, it was as if Homelite had kept improving the big 900 series direct drives. My eyes told me it was a Jonsereds, my hands said Homelite. I can't wait to get my grubby mitts on it this year.

LOL. I'm sure the gas is good, I heard Jonnies preserve everything in a two yard circle.

DSC02143.jpg

I had one!

Was traveling lite, 238se, 338xpt, 339xp and the 2139t.

I agree on light, when the heavyweight was the 238! :cheers:

..a pity there wasn't a pic of the 2139T though........

Edit;

Looking through the pics again, I think I can see its rear end in one picture! :)

Last edited:
I agree on light, when the heavyweight was the 238! :cheers:

..a pity there wasn't a pic of the 2139T though........

Edit;

Looking through the pics again, I think I can see its rear end in one picture! :)

Well the 365 Special was the heavyweight

Sure wish you could run it!
It's just the stock 65cc p/c with some mods.

Latest posts

Back