Jonsered Camp GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And last but CERTAINLY not least, J.Walker's race ported 365. This saw is an absolute blast to run!!! :clap: :clap:

Thanks for spreadin' the fun and lettin' us cut with it Jack!! :greenchainsaw: :cheers:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yCkNLqtmZBQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yCkNLqtmZBQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

you call yourselves legit while showing up in honda insights, and vw passats?:monkey:

Just kidding. (honda fit owner)

Looks awesome and delicious. Nice job WC81 with the photos/video, and spike's collection is quite impressive!

Spike that 2153C that you have is nice. Ported by Dean, it's all ready a collectors item. From what I read Deans done porting saws for health reasons. I liked the modified muffer design, a straight shooter with a center deflector over it.

Where are some of the times for cuts?

I had the slowest time of the day! Cutting that log with the 338xpt, 46 seconds I think?
Who said we did'nt have all day!

That's more like it !!! :clap:

Nice line-up of the Jonny's....that's a lot of red... and trigger ready it seems...
you need some more oldies to complete that line.

What are the silver tops : 621 and 80 ?

thanks for putting up those pics...looks like a real nice place to have a GTG....and them ribs look real inviting...grrrrrr.

The two silver tops are a 52E and a 621. The 52E is of course supposed to have a black top, but I liked the way the 621 came out so I gave the 52 the silver treatment. Might do a couple of others.

If you are curious, here's the line up that was on the deck: 52E, 621, 451E, 49SP, 70E, 801, 90, 910, 920super, 930super, 590, 455, 2055turbo, 630super, 670champ, 2153, 2145/53 conversion, 2156, 2165, 2186.

There were another 13 Jonnys that were duplicate models that I didn't bring out. The doctor said there really isn't anything they can do for me. :cheers:

Spike that 2153C that you have is nice. Ported by Dean, it's all ready a collectors item. From what I read Deans done porting saws for health reasons. I liked the modified muffer design, a straight shooter with a center deflector over it.

Where are some of the times for cuts?

I had the slowest time of the day! Cutting that log with the 338xpt, 46 seconds I think?
Who said we did'nt have all day!

Nope, the 338 time was 41.3. I took top (???) honors with my Tanaka 320 @ 45 seconds.

(The wood was 16" red oak in case anyone is wondering)

Some highlights from the time sheet, small saws first:

2153- 10.1 (Jack)
2153- 10.9 (me)
350-(ported)-10.7 (Moto)
351-(ported)- 11.5 (Moto)
350/346OE conversion- 12.1 (me)
52E- 15.45 (me)
455rancher- 13.4 (Walt)
353- 15.7 (Jack)

Big stuff:

820super- 8.1 (Walt) not bad for a cleand up cylinder and golf piston
7900- 7.1 (Woodchucker)
681- 6.1 (Woodchucker)
930super- 6.5 (me) (And she's stock!)
365 race saw- 5.1 (Jack) Immmmmmmmmmpressive!!!
681- 5.4 (Jack)
7900- 6.3 (Jack)

Jack is obviously a little better in the technique department than the rest of us. Almost a one second improvement with both the Solo and the Dolmar. Food for thought in all of the this saw/that saw arguments.

"That ain't the car, that's the driver" (Vic Morrow speaking about Peter Fonda in "Dirty Mary-Crazy Larry", one of my all time favorite flicks!)

Last edited:
Nope, the 338 time was 41.3. I took top (???) honors with my Tanaka 320 @ 45 seconds.

(The wood was 16" red oak in case anyone is wondering)

Some highlights from the time sheet, small saws first:

2153- 10.1 (Jack)
2153- 10.9 (me)
350-(ported)-10.7 (Moto)
351-(ported)- 11.5 (Moto)
350/346OE conversion- 12.1 (me)
52E- 15.45 (me)
455rancher- 13.4 (Walt)
353- 15.7 (Jack)

Big stuff:

820super- 8.1 (Walt) not bad for a cleand up cylinder and golf piston
7900- 7.1 (Woodchucker)
681- 6.1 (Woodchucker)
930super- 6.5 (me) (And she's stock!)
365 race saw- 5.1 (Jack) Immmmmmmmmmpressive!!!
681- 5.4 (Jack)
7900- 6.3 (Jack)

Jack is obviously a little better in the technique department than the rest of us. Almost a one second improvement with both the Solo and the Dolmar. Food for thought in all of the this saw/that saw arguments.

"That ain't the car, that's the driver" (Vic Morrow speaking about Peter Fonda in "Dirty Mary-Crazy Larry", one of my all time favorite flicks!)

Nice reporting on the times Spike!! :)

Yep, J.Walker definitely has a better handle on what to do with a saw over us for sure. He got some good times! :bowdown: :cheers:

Thanks for having us over, Spike! You weren't kidding when you said you had a few saws at your place! Love that pic of them on your deck. (Same pic was rolling around in my head all day today):dizzy:
I had great fun timing saws with you guys, and it taught me a lot. This porting thing is just for fun for me but it's cool that I finally have some evidence that I'm going in the right direction.
Thanks for once again letting us play with your toys, Jack! I thought it was so cool to be able to see that ported cylinder you had- after measuring it I confirmed that I am being a bit conservative with mine...
Great pics, as always, Woodchucker. Good thing there's guys like you who can shoot and then post them, so we have proof we were there! And your saws sure move chips, dude. I want to have my 7300 where your 79's at someday...
And ya, we were sportin' the wee cars, but we all know why the trucks stayed home. Saving cash for more saws! Weime and I actually had almost a bit too much fun driving home, but our firm rule of always heeding the speed limits in the villages saved our butts. Good times running through the hills!

The two silver tops are a 52E and a 621. The 52E is of course supposed to have a black top, but I liked the way the 621 came out so I gave the 52 the silver treatment. Might do a couple of others.

If you are curious, here's the line up that was on the deck: 52E, 621, 451E, 49SP, 70E, 801, 90, 910, 920super, 930super, 590, 455, 2055turbo, 630super, 670champ, 2153, 2145/53 conversion, 2156, 2165, 2186.

There were another 13 Jonnys that were duplicate models that I didn't bring out. The doctor said there really isn't anything they can do for me. :cheers:

Bob, Bob, Bob say it ain't so!!!!! After all the **** you/we gave/still give Joe25DA about his black top 80.............and now I find you're a cross painting closet "silver guy!!" What were you thinking????:buttkick: HAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Well except for that you have a very nice looking line-up of red saws and it sure looked like you guys had an excellent day of it.
That 365 sure does go through that oak!!!:cheers:

Believe me or not, but I actually was ready to post that they most likely were a "fake" 49cc one and a 621....LOL :givebeer:

Looks like you guys had a great time! :cheers:

Bob, Bob, Bob say it ain't so!!!!! After all the **** you/we gave/still give Joe25DA about his black top 80.............and now I find you're a cross painting closet "silver guy!!" What were you thinking????:buttkick: HAHAHAHA!!!!!!

Well except for that you have a very nice looking line-up of red saws and it sure looked like you guys had an excellent day of it.

Well, actually Joe gave me the idea, but I suppose an apology is in order after all of the abuse I gave him. In a way, I needed to do that to balance out the disturbance in the force.

Truthfully, I should have invited Joe, and I will the next time cause I'd like to meet him. He's got a lot of cool stuff and it would be great to have him here.

Yup, my thinking as well.....Spike broke the code of the true jonsereds collectors here, ... a big sin, shames on ya, Spike :buttkick:

As punishment, you'll have to sent the saw as a freebie to another jonny fan, preferably overseas...cough, cough :)

But being the nice men we are, a nice and shiny husky might do as well :cheers:

Yup, my thinking as well.....Spike broke the code of the true jonsereds collectors here, ... a big sin, shames on ya, Spike :buttkick:

As punishment, you'll have to sent the saw as a freebie to another jonny fan, preferably overseas...cough, cough :)

But being the nice men we are, a nice and shiny husky might do as well :cheers:

Well, I guess I deserve this. LOL. Joe; now I know how you felt!

That was actually a spare cover that I painted just to see how it would look, and I left it on there. I'll put the original cover back on the saw as soon as I get home.:angel:

Well, actually Joe gave me the idea, but I suppose an apology is in order after all of the abuse I gave him. In a way, I needed to do that to balance out the disturbance in the force.

Truthfully, I should have invited Joe, and I will the next time cause I'd like to meet him. He's got a lot of cool stuff and it would be great to have him here.

At least the same covers on the 52E came in silver at one point on the 50. The black top cover on the 80, well that is just unnatural.

Shame on ya Bob. Say 3 "Hail Jonny's" and help a stranger, all will be forgiven.

In the World of "Pure Jonsereds"

Two wrongs don't make a right!!!! HAHAHA!!!!!!

I guess it'll be alright if you do change it out as soon as you get home tonight!

I don't what Joe's gonna do though. That 80 has been like that for a while now.
HMMMMMM maybe he should just send that 80 North to spend some quality time with my 80 and get its color orientation back!!!:cheers:

Two wrongs don't make a right!!!! HAHAHA!!!!!!

I guess it'll be alright if you do change it out as soon as you get home tonight!

I don't what Joe's gonna do though. That 80 has been like that for a while now.
HMMMMMM maybe he should just send that 80 North to spend some quality time with my 80 and get its color orientation back!!!:cheers:

Sounds like a good idea - this has to be streightened out! :laugh::laugh::laugh::rockn:

Latest posts

Back