Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ju8ysydy.jpg
I suck, got this for a mere $350 bucks off good old Craigslist!

Sent from my N9100 using Tapatalk 2

:confused: The 801 has, but not the 80 - unless it has been changed to the 90/801/81 style.

I have both saws;80 & 90.....I don't understand what you're trying to interject here. Tim doesn't have the 80, but an 801. I don't have an 801 but I can plainly see that the cover & filter are that of the 90 design. Nobody is changing anything around or making Frankensaws in this particular conversation. In his post he threw the 80/90 together in the same sentence and you swooped in to correct. Whatever floats your boat.....

ju8ysydy.jpg
I suck, got this for a mere $350 bucks off good old Craigslist!

Sent from my N9100 using Tapatalk 2

Ah man, you dawg!!! Nice score, although just five yrs ago you would have paid half that. All this talk of 'muscle saws' has driven anything over 6 cubes into 'collectable'
which=$$$ That looks to be in really nice shape....does the pic do it justice or are there some problems? One owner maybe?

Kevin

I have both saws;80 & 90.....I don't understand what you're trying to interject here. Tim doesn't have the 80, but an 801. I don't have an 801 but I can plainly see that the cover & filter are that of the 90 design. Nobody is changing anything around or making Frankensaws in this particular conversation. In his post he threw the 80/90 together in the same sentence and you swooped in to correct. Whatever floats your boat.....

I suggest you read the post I originally answered then - it did mention the 80, and he liked my answer.:)

No mysteries, it is as simple as that!

I suggest you read the post I originally answered then - it did mention the 80, and he liked my answer.:)

No mysteries, it is as simple as that!

Well for one thing, he was talking about the air filter cover, not the air filter itself. I reread that and corrected my own post. He inadvertently as I said, lumped the 80/90 into the same sentence. Probably since he's not had the 80, yet in all our dialog I've been referring back to my 80.... since they share virtually 99% of the same parts(80/801)...I even posted the IPL for the 80 so he can see the parts we're talking about. So....I ask you to reread the dialog between Tim & I for some sensible clarification, which you need.

... He inadvertently as I said, lumped the 80/90 into the same sentence. .....

To correct that, regarding the air filter and cover was my point, nothing else! What you have posted earlier is totally irrelevant.

I have a hard time understanding why you still are messing with this, as it was settled before you made your first comment on it! :rolleyes::sucks:

To correct that, regarding the air filter and cover was my point, nothing else! What you have posted earlier is totally irrelevant.

I have a hard time understanding why you still are messing with this, as it was settled before you made your first comment on it! :rolleyes::sucks:

I guess because you originally butted in and not with an answer, but a correction. Now obviously, you won't let it go in some kinda ridiculous, hard-headed Euro fashion. What I posted earlier is totally relevant, because it gives a timeline and a sequence to the conversation. You butting in like that to prove your 'knowledge' is irrelevant to the conversation, if you want to get technical.

I guess because you originally butted in and not with an answer, but a correction. Now obviously, you won't let it go in some kinda ridiculous, hard-headed Euro fashion. What I posted earlier is totally relevant, because it gives a timeline and a sequence to the conversation. You butting in like that to prove your 'knowledge' is irrelevant to the conversation, if you want to get technical.

:rolleyes: You read way too much into a simple correction to a post, and I have no need to "prove" anything. My knowledge level should be well known on here, for good and bad - don't worry about that!
Just stay away from making any more silly comments - I wonder what "hard-headed Euro fashion" has to do with this topic (or anything else really)?:confused:

This my first foray into Jonsereds. I did put the 80 & 90 together as similar saws and do realize now the air filters and covers are different.
Real1shepherd has been a great help to me in getting the saw sorted out as it has some parts like the oiling system which I am unfamiliar with.
SawTroll,
If you would have a copy of an IPL for the 801 that you could share with me that would greatly help sort things for me. Having a picture and part numbers are a huge help.
Great saw by the way.

Just stay away from making any more silly comments - I wonder what "hard-headed Euro fashion" has to do with this topic (or anything else really)?:confused:

If you have to ask, then you don't 'get it'. And don't tell me what to do, as your 50,000+ post count would indicate, you need a life outside of AS. I would ask you politely not to ever respond to any conversation I'm involved with on the forum, in the future.

Kevin

This my first foray into Jonsereds. I did put the 80 & 90 together as similar saws and do realize now the air filters and covers are different.
Real1shepherd has been a great help to me in getting the saw sorted out as it has some parts like the oiling system which I am unfamiliar with.
SawTroll,
If you would have a copy of an IPL for the 801 that you could share with me that would greatly help sort things for me. Having a picture and part numbers are a huge help.
Great saw by the way.

I wouldn't mind a copy of the 801 IPL, thought I had one. If so it's on a computer I haven't used in over eight years.

Damn, an original 801, hardcopy IPL sold on ebay for $10...on the 22nd. Sorry I missed that...I would have bought it and passed it on at that price. I searched around the Net for IPL's on the 801, but haven't found anything yet. :(

Kevin

The IPL for the 80 is going to be identical...except for the top cover, air filter, air filter cover and the elbow from the carb that goes to the 801/90 style air filter. I have the IPL for the 80 if anyone wants it. I can't think what else would be different about the 801?

Kevin

No luck in locating a clutch spring for the 801 so I guess I will see if I can cobble one up from a couple of springs. The one on it is just too weak to work.
I looked at a number of my other saws and don't see one that is anywhere near long enough.

Back