Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the advice guys. Already have an underhood DC arc welder kit for it that I picked up years ago...could run a chain grinder off it. Maybe put a skidding winch on the back? Buddy wants me to put an ARB air compressor under the seat with a tube bumper for air storage...be able to blow out the saws! Just brainstorming, haha. Suppose I should start a thread in a different forum so I can post updates but not sure where this fits?

I'd make some kind of dedicated saw holders. A PTO winch, front or rear, would be cool.

Back in the day when we were really serious about this stuff and you had a simple drive train underneath....we had a winch in the front with a roller fairlead and routed the cable underneath to the back through another roller fairlead. I've also seen the reverse where you had the winch in the back and the cable routed to the roller fairlead in the front. That would cover about any situation you could find yourself in......a few had electric winches , but most of us had PTO winches. We'd be already out of trouble while the electric guys were waiting for their batteries to recharge...lol

Kevin

Anyone care t comment on this?
On a FB forum for old saws I visit occasionally, a member has an Olympyk 271. He is currently working on an 801. There are similarities between the saws as far as ignition parts and he says the crank ends, clutch, carb, tank vent look the same. He pulled the oil pump and has a picture of the shafts from both saws and they are identical. The fuel and oil caps are interchangeable.

Looking at what info I can find on Oleo-Mac, they were only incorporated in 1972 while Acre's site says the 801 was introduced in 1970.

Does anyone know if the 271 and maybe other Olympyk saws shared parts / design with some older Jonsereds?

Anyone care t comment on this?
On a FB forum for old saws I visit occasionally, a member has an Olympyk 271. He is currently working on an 801. There are similarities between the saws as far as ignition parts and he says the crank ends, clutch, carb, tank vent look the same. He pulled the oil pump and has a picture of the shafts from both saws and they are identical. The fuel and oil caps are interchangeable.

Looking at what info I can find on Oleo-Mac, they were only incorporated in 1972 while Acre's site says the 801 was introduced in 1970.

Does anyone know if the 271 and maybe other Olympyk saws shared parts / design with some older Jonsereds?

If there was ever anybody that should know the answer, it would be Niko(SawTroll).

Kevin

The recoil handles on the older J'reds turn to mush. Dunno why because they don't on the older Huskies....you'd think they would have used the same supplier/contractor. There's a composite one that fits perfectly into the square hole base on the 90....really cheap, but stiff. I don't have one because I stupidly bought NOS handles from sawdust_man for like $35 ea.

Don't know anything about the Christmas thread....I tend to stir the pot in threads where there's a lot of inside, clique stuff going on. Just as soon stay away these days.

Happy to send whatever I have in overstock like what you're asking about......I'll never use them in my lifetime.

Kevin
Hi Kevin,
I ended up using a snowmobile starter handle that I had in stock. Turnout OK I think.

Attachments

• MLNA0139.JPG
    MLNA0139.JPG
    562.2 KB · Views: 12
Just a heads up, a Canadian eBay seller by the name of 123.sawman has a ton of NOS Jonsereds parts listed right now.

Not sure why the seller name doesn't work in a search, didn't for me either. Try "jonsered NOS"

Lol....the Husky 2100 stuff is killing me....he says he has more and we're negotiating. He's not stupid though, he knows what those parts are worth. Wish me luck!

Lots of great J'red parts listed...be sure to make him an offer what you think they are really worth. He's got a lot of recoil screens...but in most cases you wind up with two. I'd buy more, but most of his lots are in twos.

Kevin

Still trying to find some unobtainium 2100 stuff...he might have. Yeah, I bought a NOS case gasket for the 910 and the 621....don't know when I'll need them, but tough to pass up critical NOS stuff for sure! I'd like some of those recoil screens, but I may have to pass due to the possibility of more NOS 2100 stuff. If that Husky stuff wasn't in the deal, I'd be tearing a hole in the J'red stuff.....such is life.

Kevin

Really?.......that's why they became known as the "Junksered" models I guess......don't own a one...have two at the shop a 520 and 535 Classic.....to fix for other people...have to be in the correct frame of mind to even work on them so I don't just hit them with a Big Fat Hammer........put everyone's misery behind them....

Sorry for your loss....the spring will fit others though......
Hi Robin,

Can you tell me if the same dawg will fit a 90 and a 49sp. A seller on Ebay seems to think so. Kevin has offered me a couple but I didn't want to take two if one won't fit my 49sp.

Thanks,

Lee

Latest posts

Back