Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here ya go lads......a pretty fair 621.....had some use but still retains the sparkplug cover (which is rare) and the top doesn't seem to show any cracks.....make offer..if I needed one I'd work it....you can pick up a good used P&C for these cheap...just sayin'
Was there supposed to be a link or something? Or am I missing something?

So has anyone ever experienced around with different manufacturers pistons in Jonsereds saws that are the same type and spec? I’m not 100% happy with a used piston I got for my 90 and my try and replace it again, but there is not much to replace it with since 90 parts are hard to find.

So has anyone ever experienced around with different manufacturers pistons in Jonsereds saws that are the same type and spec? I’m not 100% happy with a used piston I got for my 90 and my try and replace it again, but there is not much to replace it with since 90 parts are hard to find.

Only Meteor and Episan are all I use from AM......but I don't believe they offer 90 pistons. A 910 piston will work in the 90 if you can find one......they show up on ebay more often than the 90.....

I was wondering about Stihl or Husqvarna piston with the same specs.

And I might have to keep my eyes open for a 910 piston.

Something like a 288 piston, both are piston ported, 54mm 38mm stroke

The only thing is it’s a windowed piston

I would put it together with a pretty used OEM 90 piston before I went with a new Golf.....bad pistons...bottom of the line....
I don't know the wristpin dia on the Stihls but from the pics it looks to be a high dome piston like the 90.....the 910 piston is crowned just slightly less than the 90...other than that all dimensions are the same......a 288 piston will be a flat top so even if it would fit there goes your compression.....

Gotcha, I was just using that picture as an example, I would try and find an OEM Stihl if I went that route

Worth looking into......might even be able to find an 056 piston from Meteor etc...be just about as good as OEM and a lot cheaper
I’ll have to look around for one then, anyone know the size of the wrist pin? The Stihl appears to be 13mm

Latest posts

Back