Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmmmmm.........I'm pretty sure I know who's selling this......

Now it's @$212.50 with five days left. Maybe these saws have their most value when parting them out piece x piece. That would be a damn shame on a complete, running saw.....but oh well....lol!

Somebody got a hold of a couple of NOS Husky 2100 jugs and pistons....they were asking about $230 ea set and this was about 3/4 yrs ago at the pig site.

One of the 910's I bought was parted out that way.....it was during pre-frenzy Jonsereds days and they weren't getting much traction on eBay. So.........I offered to buy everything as a lot for a very decent price. I got everything except the case halves (never asked about them). Then I made a comment about that unobtainium AV that goes from the full-wrap back to the saw body. She sent me a pic of it and I said YES.....and she threw it in the box with the rest of the parts for free....lol! Was an actual saw shop back east somewhere parting out older Jonsereds.........

Kevin

Thanks. As I suspected, there were only five serious bidders at the end....the last one probably a snipe bid. If you knew when the auction officially ended and when his bid went through, you'd know.

I know Scott wanted more for that old boy, but given that very limited market of collectors, I think he did OK.

Where he got screwed was the 111S.....it should have gone for $1,200 'as is'.

Kevin

Now it's @$212.50 with five days left. Maybe these saws have their most value when parting them out piece x piece. That would be a damn shame on a complete, running saw.....but oh well....lol!

Somebody got a hold of a couple of NOS Husky 2100 jugs and pistons....they were asking about $230 ea set and this was about 3/4 yrs ago at the pig site.

One of the 910's I bought was parted out that way.....it was during pre-frenzy Jonsereds days and they weren't getting much traction on eBay. So.........I offered to buy everything as a lot for a very decent price. I got everything except the case halves (never asked about them). Then I made a comment about that unobtainium AV that goes from the full-wrap back to the saw body. She sent me a pic of it and I said YES.....and she threw it in the box with the rest of the parts for free....lol! Was an actual saw shop back east somewhere parting out older Jonsereds.........

Kevin

You just never know.....I think that kind of stuff fetches a better price in mid to late fall......I think this time of year saw geeks are mostly doing other stuff with their money and time. Seems when it gets darker earlier people pay more attention to this kind of hobby.......I could be all wet......but all these saws sites etc also have way more traffic in the darker months than this time of year.....I would like an XF.....but I'm way to cheep.....I'm waiting patiently for someone's OL that he cheated on putting his whole saw collection on ebay for 5 bux each......Buy it now.......free shipping..........:laughing::buttkick:

You just never know.....I think that kind of stuff fetches a better price in mid to late fall......I think this time of year saw geeks are mostly doing other stuff with their money and time. Seems when it gets darker earlier people pay more attention to this kind of hobby.......I could be all wet......but all these saws sites etc also have way more traffic in the darker months than this time of year.....I would like an XF.....but I'm way to cheep.....I'm waiting patiently for someone's OL that he cheated on putting his whole saw collection on ebay for 5 bux each......Buy it now.......free shipping..........:laughing::buttkick:

I thought about saying that...his auction timing. But I think we're close enough to fall that the people who would pay the big bucks would be interested. Beginning of summer, nah. You're not wet, timing is everything for the big dollars on eBay.

There's is a lot to be said when the seasons drive people inside more....they tend to think more about collecting.....like bears...lol! However, it was this spring or early summer when I saw a 111S go through for over a grand and then another one for the same. So I dunno.....I thought maybe the 111s is so sought after, seasons be damned. Like I said....fickle market.

If we're just talking about seasonal high prices....I give the nod to October/November.

Kevin

I thought about saying that...his auction timing. But I think were close enough to fall that the people who would pay the big bucks would be interested. Beginning of summer, nah. You're not wet, timing is everything for the big dollars on eBay.

There's is a lot to be said when the seasons drive people inside more....they tend to think more about collecting.....like bears...lol! However, it was this spring or early summer when I saw a 111S go through for over a grand and then another one for the same. So I dunno.....I thought maybe the 111s is so sought after, seasons be damned. Like I said....fickle market.

If we're just talking about seasonal high prices....I give the nod to October/November.

Kevin

Like I said you just never know....best to set your reserve at your lowest price I guess. A fella once told me..."people will pay more for something that needs work than they will for something in great condition, needing nothing." Perhaps he was right.......he sold cars on rt 1......had a pile of junk with high prices.....they'd sit there until the wheels sunk into the ground and he would not budge a penny on his price....but he sold every damn one eventually and I never heard of him coming down on the price ever. Bought a giant backhoe from him.....was not one of my more clever purchases.....was big though.......still is...hasn't moved in 10 years or more......damn thing would dig 21 feet straight down!!!! I used it a fair amount but broke it at my sawmill....like many other things.....

Yeah, but the money misers would say that to sit on something that long to get your price......loses the opportunity cost of using the cash sooner from a more reasonable sale. Both theories have merit. I have no patience, so I tend to go with the latter theory....lol. I scoff at people who sit on stuff that long as they are but hoarders at heart.

I guess if you have the patience to wait that long, more power to ya....I don't. The downside to that is......I've seen people with fixer uppers die and leave their nightmare to relatives.

We have a guy here in town that had about 10 or so Monzas. All of them rotting to the ground. I was mentoring a kid who really wanted to restore one. We went out to look at them with permission and he ran us off! Then he built a fence around them.....lol! Then guess what, he died. Yrs later the house went up for sale and the cars disappeared. What did he accomplish with those cars...nothing.

Kevin

Yeah, but the money misers would say that to sit on something that long to get your price......loses the opportunity cost of using the cash sooner from a more reasonable sale. Both theories have merit. I have no patience, so I tend to go with the latter theory....lol. I scoff at people who sit on stuff that long as they are but hoarders at heart.

I guess if you have the patience to wait that long, more power to ya....I don't. The downside to that is......I've seen people with fixer uppers die and leave their nightmare to relatives.

We have a guy here in town that had about 10 or so Monzas. All of them rotting to the ground. I was mentoring a kid who really wanted to restore one. We went out to look at them with permission and he ran us off! Then he built a fence around them.....lol! Then guess what, he died. Yrs later the house went up for sale and the cars disappeared. What did he accomplish with those cars...nothing.

Kevin

Nope you're right...he didn't gain much but he did get his way....and to some folks the more important than material gain........guess I fall somewhere in the middle......I never sell anything so there's no haggling....my daughter is gonna be proud...someday....LOL!! Likely I might fall into the "hoarder" slot....she needs to develop a desire to have true Jonsereds and a few NOS parts......:cheers::laughing::buttkick:...........she is in the PNW these days.

Nope you're right...he didn't gain much but he did get his way....and to some folks the more important than material gain........guess I fall somewhere in the middle......I never sell anything so there's no haggling....my daughter is gonna be proud...someday....LOL!! Likely I might fall into the "hoarder" slot....she needs to develop a desire to have true Jonsereds and a few NOS parts......:cheers::laughing::buttkick:...........she is in the PNW these days.

Well, if you wanna ship her some parts and she needs help finding a home here for them............;)

Kevin

I thought about saying that...his auction timing. But I think we're close enough to fall that the people who would pay the big bucks would be interested. Beginning of summer, nah. You're not wet, timing is everything for the big dollars on eBay.

Kevin

I agree that timing has something to do with it; think it would have brought more in October or November. But I also think it's close enough to fall to start selling. And I'm liquidating, so I'm trying to sell a few saws every month instead of flooding the market.

Like I said you just never know....best to set your reserve at your lowest price I guess. A fella once told me..."people will pay more for something that needs work than they will for something in great condition, needing nothing." Perhaps he was right.......he sold cars on rt 1......had a pile of junk with high prices.....they'd sit there until the wheels sunk into the ground and he would not budge a penny on his price....but he sold every damn one eventually and I never heard of him coming down on the price ever. Bought a giant backhoe from him.....was not one of my more clever purchases.....was big though.......still is...hasn't moved in 10 years or more......damn thing would dig 21 feet straight down!!!! I used it a fair amount but broke it at my sawmill....like many other things.....

I've had good luck recently selling stuff with no reserve. Haven't gotten burned yet.

What hasn't worked for me at all -- listing on eBay with a buy-it-now price. The same guy who won't pay $800 for a 111S with a buy it now price will be happy bidding on it with a no-reserve auction and paying $1000.

So does this qualify me for a YOU SUCK ? (sorry Scott) I can't keep quiet any more, yes it was me.

Bill

Bill - I thought I recognized the buyer! Yes, I do really think that YOU SUCK! I was expecting the saw to sell for significantly more. I should be able to ship today. Tracking info to follow.

Scott

Bill - I thought I recognized the buyer! Yes, I do really think that YOU SUCK! I was expecting the saw to sell for significantly more. I should be able to ship today. Tracking info to follow.

Scott
Scott I thought it was going to sell for more also, that was my max bid and I was expecting to get out bid at the last second. I'm glad I didn't it looks to be a nice complete saw. Now I just have to find a nice bar and chain that will compliment the rest of it

Scott I thought it was going to sell for more also, that was my max bid and I was expecting to get out bid at the last second. I'm glad I didn't it looks to be a nice complete saw. Now I just have to find a nice bar and chain that will compliment the rest of it

I can tell ya, when you buy from Scott, you get great stuff. He auctioned a 621 that had a lot of work done to it....sweet saw, went low....another deal. You should be well pleased.

If you don't like the full-wrap and would rather have the factory wrap, let me know. I can trade and throw some bucks your way for the full-wrap.

I'm still scratching my head as to why that 111S didn't snipe higher at the end.......:surprised3:

Kevin

I agree that timing has something to do with it; think it would have brought more in October or November. But I also think it's close enough to fall to start selling. And I'm liquidating, so I'm trying to sell a few saws every month instead of flooding the market.

Well.....there's something to be said for potentially satiating the big dollars collectors. We can't always assume that just because two 111S' brought well over a grand, that there will be at least two more deep-pocket buyers stepping up to take their place. Your point about flooding the market should be well taken. I think Kevin from SK flooded the market a bit with all his Jonsereds stuff.....so he diverted to Facebook.

There's a lot happening now on Facebook with regard to collectable saw sales. If I didn't hate Facebook so much and Zuckerberg, I'd look into it.

Kevin

Just started looking at this thread and was wondering what a Jonsered 2094 and 2095 are worth in good condition? I would like to have one but don't know what they go for. Every once in a while one comes up on ebay but they always want over $500 for them. What kind of money do I need to save if I want a good one?

Just started looking at this thread and was wondering what a Jonsered 2094 and 2095 are worth in good condition? I would like to have one but don't know what they go for. Every once in a while one comes up on ebay but they always want over $500 for them. What kind of money do I need to save if I want a good one?

They unfortunately, have been swept up in the current Jonsered collector hype. Just a couple of yrs ago they could be had pretty reasonable. You might be able to find one locally for $300 or so, but through the forums and eBay expect more like $400 to almost $600.

Kevin

Latest posts

Back