Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could someone post a pic or have a part number of the AV limiter for a 910 that Jonsered had available for the saw to combat the AV problem ?
I'm curious what it looks like or try to possibly find one .
Thanks!
Ernie

I'm looking for a spark arrestor type muffler from an 80/90 (West Coast muffler). I'm finishing up a restoration on an 80 and it had a 621/66e/70e muffler on it, and it's mashed and perforated. Anyone have one they'd be interested in parting with?
If you're looking for that bottom exhaust louver muffler used on the 80/90.....that's gonna be a tough/rare find. I have one on an 80 and even more recently, found the bottom louver with spark arrestor on eBay.

Kevin

Could someone post a pic or have a part number of the AV limiter for a 910 that Jonsered had available for the saw to combat the AV problem ?
Thanks!
Ernie
Robin found some on eBay a number of yrs ago and we each bought one. That was a rare find....they were the OE aftermarket kits. He posted a pic of it in this thread.

I've yet to put it on as the three 910's I have to restore haven't been done yet. I'm thinking of just doing one maybe.

Anyway, the 'kit' is very rare and I'd say you have about zero chance of finding one...but hey, we did....lol!

If you can't find the pic in this thread, I can dig out(snow) to the garage and find mine.

Kevin

Robin found some on eBay a number of yrs ago and we each bought one. That was a rare find....they were the OE aftermarket kits. He posted a pic of it in this thread.

I've yet to put it on as the three 910's I have to restore haven't been done yet. I'm thinking of just doing one maybe.

Anyway, the 'kit' is very rare and I'd say you have about zero chance of finding one...but hey, we did....lol!

If you can't find the pic in this thread, I can dig out(snow) to the garage and find mine.

Kevin
I looked through alot of pages but can't find the pic ..
Maybe Robin will come by and post a pic or a part number.
Thanks!
Ernie

Thanks!
Ernie
Sorry I don't have a parts number or any info and like Kevin I haven't yet installed the limiter either. Very rare item....we simply lucked out on ebay

I have a question about sprocket on my 49SP. Did they come in two different versions? A rim sprocket and a spur sprocket? Interchangeable by any chance? I have a sprocket on order from LRB. Taking forever to arrive. After 2 week delay I called them and they said they were on back order. Thought they would have one in the next day and get it out to me. Starting to wonder about that? And wondering if there is somewhere else to find one? I think Sawr has one, but it appears they have two different versions?

Could you post a pic so I have an idea what it looks like ?
Thanks !
Ernie
I'll try to get out in the garage and find the packet it came in.....take some pics.

This was back in Dec 2016...Robin had linked me to the eBay sale of two of these in PM....so there wasn't a pic posted in the J'reds thread like I originally thought. Ebay link long dead now.

We both made offers, the guy was a rabid Jesus freak and were were lucky we got them at all........lol!

Kevin

I'll try to get out in the garage and find the packet it came in.....take some pics.

This was back in Dec 2016...Robin had linked me to the eBay sale of two of these in PM....so there wasn't a pic posted in the J'reds thread like I originally thought. Ebay link long dead now.

We both made offers, the guy was a rabid Jesus freak and were were lucky we got them at all........lol!

Kevin
Good if you could get a pic. I would but have no idea where the heck I put that set......in one of the "boxes" no doubt.....likely won't find it until I have a major clean up day.

This is the clutch sprocket on my 49SP currently. The wear on the teeth is what I assume is causing the chain to derail so easily and often. Can this be repaired? Welding and some very careful grinding?E8F674A0-AD8E-4944-9BFC-2F7134ABBC1B.jpegB10CBC20-D0FB-4B8B-83A6-E41D461F61AE.jpeg

This is the clutch sprocket on my 49SP currently. The wear on the teeth is what I assume is causing the chain to derail so easily and often. Can this be repaired? Welding and some very careful grinding?

I'd just replace the clutch/sprocket. But first, identify what size chain you're running 49sp were 3/8 or .325, then be sure you are running a matching bar and sprocket. If it were me I'd exchange the spur sprocket for a rim sprocket style clutch and then you can just change the sprocket out in the future for a few bucks. You're chain might be walking off if your bar tip and drive sprockets aren't matched to the size of your chain, and it comes loose. Or you could just be running it woo loose. BTW, here's a listing on E-bay for a rim sprocket setup for reference:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/JONSERED-4...200516?hash=item2107962284:g:l~cAAOSwJcZWfasA
Also here's a link to the 49sp users manual, it's pretty cool: https://www.manualslib.com/manual/848841/Jonsered-49-Sp.html

If you're looking for that bottom exhaust louver muffler used on the 80/90.....that's gonna be a tough/rare find. I have one on an 80 and even more recently, found the bottom louver with spark arrestor on eBay.

Kevin
That's the one I'm looking for, one will turn up someday. Thanks for the repy.

This is the clutch sprocket on my 49SP currently. The wear on the teeth is what I assume is causing the chain to derail so easily and often. Can this be repaired? Welding and some very careful grinding?View attachment 890078View attachment 890079
'Repair' is to get away from the spur drive and get a floating rim sprocket set up as stated above.

Maybe Robin or Eric can give you the Oregon # so you have more choices.

Kevin

'Repair' is to get away from the spur drive and get a floating rim sprocket set up as stated above.

Maybe Robin or Eric can give you the Oregon # so you have more choices.

Kevin
I'll see what I can do. But the old, stock spur sprockets truely suck. Rim drive is the only way to go.....that way you can change from 3/8" to .325 and change the number of drivers for each easily and cheaply......toss that spur drive in the circular file.......

Thanks Cantdog, that is what I would like to do. LRB is supposed to have a rim drive on the way for me. But it has been three weeks now. Starting to wonder if that is going to work out for me.
This saw is due for new bar and chains anyhow, so would love to have new rim drive of any sort- I can match it up when I buy chains.

Latest posts

Back