Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried to pump up the story once about how you bought that saw in a clandestine manner involving shadows and suspicious characters.....but you wouldn't let me.....lol!

Kevin

Enough time has passed that I'VE actually forgotten how the deal went down so I'll just use your version as gospel from here on out . . . . . :happy:

Different tree he's falling versus the tree he's standing next to at the top. My guess is that he posed with the biggest tree they could find for the effect.

Be nice to talk to someone that ran both the rebadged Partner and the 111S is big timber....for a comparison. I'd put my money on the 111S......

Nice stuff, Eric! Borneo....wow

Kevin

I have an early P100 and a 111S and ran them in the same piece of 36" sugar maple. The 111s was a little quicker which is what I expected with the 10cc advantage. I've never weighed them, but the P100 feels a lot lighter. That was also the day my 930 Super impressed me. It was right on the heels of the P100.

I know, pretty mundane but, my 525 lives. New AM piston and ring and a carb kit. Started on about the third pull so good impulse. I even found an 18" bar from a John Deere that works and a chain that fits. It certainly needs a good sharpening session then all set to try in some wood. Love it when a plan comes together.

A-team, it's on Netflix now can't convince the CP to start binging that one.

Brian

Can someone post a picture of the throttle cable for a 2171 hooked up to the carb andwhere it attaches to the trigger group.

Not getting a lot of movement of my newly aquired 2171 and thinking something is hooked up wrong or they used the wrong cable.

I have an early P100 and a 111S and ran them in the same piece of 36" sugar maple. The 111s was a little quicker which is what I expected with the 10cc advantage. I've never weighed them, but the P100 feels a lot lighter. That was also the day my 930 Super impressed me. It was right on the heels of the P100.

Which of the two big saws wraps up the highest in rpm? I'm surprised the Partner feels lighter....it looks bloated in the pics. But then again, the 111S has no plastic top pieces or anything to lighten the load...plus that full-wrap is obscenely large.

Kevin

I know, pretty mundane but, my 525 lives. New AM piston and ring and a carb kit. Started on about the third pull so good impulse. I even found an 18" bar from a John Deere that works and a chain that fits. It certainly needs a good sharpening session then all set to try in some wood. Love it when a plan comes together.

Good deal Lee.....now remember your promise to flip it, or we'll have to endure Robin's hate for it some more...lol!

Kevin

Good deal Lee.....now remember your promise to flip it, or we'll have to endure Robin's hate for it some more...lol!

Kevin

Yeah.....you need to get rid of it before you have to rebuild it again.......I mean it's been run once already...right??? Half used up now.....

Back