Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This must be the place. I re-condition used saws, found on eBay, and pass them on to the next Guy, with a lean towards returning veterans, and from a Farm Family. Those are simply gifted. I know the Husqvarna/Jonsered names are wed. Its the older units I seek more knowledge about.

I recently put a very clean, strong running 61 on a new work bench. He is running a 28" set-up, on a mill. That 61 is bullet-proof. Seems like the models are all over the map. Whats what?

Any link to a printable piece of info. would be greatly appreciated.

Got your Arborsite sticker yet?

If that's all original paint, that's a sweetheart.....and looks low hrs. Probably more wear on it from moving it around all the yrs than anything. Makes you wonder how many of these could be left in that kinda condition.

Maybe one of those deals where the saw was bought for one task and then put away.....or it was too much saw for the owner and not used much.

Kevin

If that's all original paint, that's a sweetheart.....and looks low hrs. Probably more wear on it from moving it around all the yrs than anything. Makes you wonder how many of these could be left in that kinda condition.

Maybe one of those deals where the saw was bought for one task and then put away.....or it was too much saw for the owner and not used much.

Kevin
Yeah thats about he same as mine. Was bought with with a sawmill and had never cut a tree down by the original owner....nor did he saw very much lumber either. The second owner got it from the first for repairing his car.......he cut down one 14" tree in his yard with it and that was that. I've had it 4-5 years and true to form have never actually dropped a tree yet......run it bucking and kicking Leeha's butt in 32" oak but other that that it's just part of the collection that runs fine but not used much. I have installed a nice big set of dawgs which it never had for milling. As you said whatever paint loss mine has is from sitting around with other junk......

Yeah thats about he same as mine. Was bought with with a sawmill and had never cut a tree down by the original owner....nor did he saw very much lumber either. The second owner got it from the first for repairing his car.......he cut down one 14" tree in his yard with it and that was that. I've had it 4-5 years and true to form have never actually dropped a tree yet......run it bucking and kicking Leeha's butt in 32" oak but other that that it's just part of the collection that runs fine but not used much. I have installed a nice big set of dawgs which it never had for milling. As you said whatever paint loss mine has is from sitting around with other junk......
I was wondering how it compared to that sweetheart you picked up with the mill some yrs back, Robin. I remember the story well..........

A lot of people bought the Husky 2100 back in the day because they had one big project and/or thought they 'needed it'. Then I saw a pic some yrs back of a room where some guy had over a hundred of them. That kinda stuff drives me crazy while I exhaust myself looking for OE parts.

I'm starting not to care anymore.... :crazy:

Kevin

This must be the place. I re-condition used saws, found on eBay, and pass them on to the next Guy, with a lean towards returning veterans, and from a Farm Family. Those are simply gifted. I know the Husqvarna/Jonsered names are wed. Its the older units I seek more knowledge about.

I recently put a very clean, strong running 61 on a new work bench. He is running a 28" set-up, on a mill. That 61 is bullet-proof. Seems like the models are all over the map. Whats what?

Any link to a printable piece of info. would be greatly appreciated.

Got your Arborsite sticker yet?

I try to find the Workshop Manuals for all my saws. Never seen one for a 910e, but I think I have them for most everything else. Just scour the Internet with Google and see what you can find. I found a Owner's Manual for a 61/268/272xp......that's about it.

Kevin

I had concerns about that 111s. The amount of paint loss on the bottom compared to the rest of the saw, the fact that the silver was as nice as it was (I've seen NOS saws that have some discoloration/flaking), the muffler had a dent and appeared to have been repainted, and the decompression valve is not correct. That's a lot of money for a non-running saw.

Yeah, I wondered about the silver too.....it's almost impossible to match the OE and seems to change darker even if the saw isn't used. I did notice the muffler dent and yet the shiny black paint.....that is puzzling. But over all, the saw looks like original paint and very low hrs. The paint-less bottom parts could easily have come from moving it around.

The muffler has been repainted, I'm pretty sure. I guess looking at the other saws the guy sells might give us a better idea of his honesty. He's covered himself by saying it came from a local estate sale and is 'as is', untested for parts etc. Hopefully whoever bought it asked about the paint job.

Kevin

I had concerns about that 111s. The amount of paint loss on the bottom compared to the rest of the saw, the fact that the silver was as nice as it was (I've seen NOS saws that have some discoloration/flaking), the muffler had a dent and appeared to have been repainted, and the decompression valve is not correct. That's a lot of money for a non-running saw.

I was on the fence also on the paint. The red below the muffler looked a little off to me, but it is just a pic on the internet so who knows. The decomp was also interesting (910?) That is the first that i had seen that style in a 111s. It also had the wrong hardware for the top cover. I figured with the current distorted prices.... it might have went for a little more.

Yeah likely not as pristene as it looked but still most of these you see are total junk...been ridden hard and put away wet!!! Judging from the discoloration of the lower cooling fins , not a lot of hard use. Definately had some new paint on the muffler......it's been off and the locking plate corners not bent back on the bolt head flats. If the top has been repainted they did a pretty good job and would have to had all new 111S stickers. Perhaps a NOS top and air box cover? Used car type of deal....fancied up enought to sell! My late father always taught me....."Never buy a used car with brand new front tires"!!!!

I was on the fence also on the paint. The red below the muffler looked a little off to me, but it is just a pic on the internet so who knows. The decomp was also interesting (910?) That is the first that i had seen that style in a 111s. It also had the wrong hardware for the top cover. I figured with the current distorted prices.... it might have went for a little more.
AFAIK, the 111/111S decomp is proprietary for that saw family. It's kind of a strange beast at that, too. I agree that what's on there is a 90/910e type decomp.

Here is a pic of a 90 decomp and the 910 looks to be almost identical if not the same. I agree with Robin on the top covers....very possible to have been NOS as they don't have much missing from them being moved around like the saw probably was. That silver is about the hardest paint in the world to forge. I don't think I've ever seen a repaint where it wasn't glaringly obvious. I've seen close, but no cigar.

And yes, the muffler has obviously been repainted....likelihood of it looking that fresh with a big dent in it is about zero.

But also as Robin said, we've seen some real trashy 111/111S saws go through eBay for that much with things missing or broken. eBay has it's own proprietary realm of 'values', cheaters & posers. It's a world I don't live in thankfully. Scott made me a swinging deal on a 111S, or I never would have had one. Robin got one very similar to this auction except with authenticity and provenance.

So yeah.....did this seller do the research and try to make the saw as original as possible, or did he hook up with some of the forums' known cheaters & posers to deceive? Conversely, Scott always went the extra distance to make everything as OE as possible. How he made that 110 look he sold on eBay was dead OE.

Kevin

Attachments

• 90 decomp.jpg
    90 decomp.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back