Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AFAIK, the 111/111S decomp is proprietary for that saw family. It's kind of a strange beast at that, too. I agree that what's on there is a 90/910e type decomp.

Here is a pic of a 90 decomp and the 910 looks to be almost identical if not. I agree with Robin on the top covers....very possible to have been NOS as they don't have much missing from them being moved around like the saw probably was. That silver is about the hardest paint in the world to forge. I don't think I've ever seen a repaint where it wasn't glaringly obvious. I've seen close, but no cigar.

And yes, the muffler has obviously been repainted....likelihood of it looking that fresh with a big dent in it is about zero.

But also as Robin said, we've seen some real trashy 111/111S saws go through eBay for that much with things missing or broken. eBay has it's own proprietary realm of 'values', cheaters & posers. It's a world I don't live in thankfully. Scott made me a swinging deal on a 111S, or I never would have had one. Robin got one very similar to this auction except with authenticity and provenance.

So yeah.....did this seller do the research and try to make the saw as original as possible, or did he hook up with some of the forums' known cheaters & posers to deceive? Conversely, Scott always went the extra distance to make everything as OE as possible. How he made that 110 look he sold on eBay was dead OE.

Kevin
Oh for sure.... it was better looking/more complete than most that have been on the bay recently & it definitely went cheaper than i thought. I had no problem with the listing, sombody got a decent buy on something that they should be able to go out & make a few cuts with.

AFAIK, the 111/111S decomp is proprietary for that saw family. It's kind of a strange beast at that, too. I agree that what's on there is a 90/910e type decomp.

Here is a pic of a 90 decomp and the 910 looks to be almost identical if not. I agree with Robin on the top covers....very possible to have been NOS as they don't have much missing from them being moved around like the saw probably was. That silver is about the hardest paint in the world to forge. I don't think I've ever seen a repaint where it wasn't glaringly obvious. I've seen close, but no cigar.

And yes, the muffler has obviously been repainted....likelihood of it looking that fresh with a big dent in it is about zero.

But also as Robin said, we've seen some real trashy 111/111S saws go through eBay for that much with things missing or broken. eBay has it's own proprietary realm of 'values', cheaters & posers. It's a world I don't live in thankfully. Scott made me a swinging deal on a 111S, or I never would have had one. Robin got one very similar to this auction except with authenticity and provenance.

So yeah.....did this seller do the research and try to make the saw as original as possible, or did he hook up with some of the forums' known cheaters & posers to deceive? Conversely, Scott always went the extra distance to make everything as OE as possible. How he made that 110 look he sold on eBay was dead OE.

Kevin
Yes the 111S decomp doesn't "pop" like the 90/910 and all the more modern ones. It turns....you start the saw and then YOU turn it off.....it will run with it on but poorly. LOL!!

I don't think the seller did much to this saw......the PO did what ever was done....rattle can paint no doubt......that shot of the bottom missing so much color and clutch side color pretty good right to the corner. Red goes to silver with a pretty sharp line. Looks like it was sitting on the bench when shot red. But all that considered not a bad saw I'm guessing........more than I would pay but I'm cheep!!!!

Yes the 111S decomp doesn't "pop" like the 90/910 and all the more modern ones. It turns....you start the saw and then YOU turn it off.....it will run with it on but poorly. LOL!!

I don't think the seller did much to this saw......the PO did what ever was done....rattle can paint no doubt......that shot of the bottom missing so much color and clutch side color pretty good right to the corner. Red goes to silver with a pretty sharp line. Looks like it was sitting on the bench when shot red. But all that considered not a bad saw I'm guessing........more than I would pay but I'm cheep!!!!
Yeah I think we're all guessing on the paint, but if we had it in front of us or alongside a known OE painted 111/111S, it would reveal what was done.

It would be stupid not to replace all the fuel lines, clean and kit the carb and replace the crank seals as a matter of course. If they had a seal leak into the first of second tank and didn't shut it off immediately.....they'd probably toast that piston.....good luck finding another.

Kevin

Yep they be scarce........amazingly I have a NOS P&C kit in original box that Unc, (stihl041s) gave me as a wedding present nearly 9 years ago..LOL!! Several years before I actually owned a 111S!!!

But definately I would go through that one as you said...cheap insurance for a $1,200.00 investment!!!........if the new owner ever plans on running it....even a little...

I have Model 90 for sale in Canada. Looking for $275.00 US shipped to mainland US.
Ask if you would like specific photo.
Also have a 49SP running a 20" bar very usable reliable saw. $150US shipped

Attachments

• IMG_20220809_142934162.jpg
    IMG_20220809_142934162.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20220809_142907375.jpg
    IMG_20220809_142907375.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20220809_142925583.jpg
    IMG_20220809_142925583.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20220809_142915831.jpg
    IMG_20220809_142915831.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
Well I yet again practiced what I preach today. Just came back from the transfer station, getting rid of recyclables, household trash and some rusty junk for the metals pile. While at the metals pile I noticed a large, older Pouland and Homelite Super EZ......next to them was a complete 535 Classic........I rolled it over with the toe of my boot.....had a decent winsor 16" bar and pretty good full chisel chipper chain...that sorely tempted me but I have plenty 16", .325 bars.....I just turned on my heel and got back in the truck and drove away.....meh......

Well I yet again practiced what I preach today. Just came back from the transfer station, getting rid of recyclables, household trash and some rusty junk for the metals pile. While at the metals pile I noticed a large, older Pouland and Homelite Super EZ......next to them was a complete 535 Classic........I rolled it over with the toe of my boot.....had a decent winsor 16" bar and pretty good full chisel chipper chain...that sorely tempted me but I have plenty 16", .325 bars.....I just turned on my heel and got back in the truck and drove away.....meh......
Yeah but if it has been a 49sp in any condition, it would have been a different outcome......:crazy:.

Kevin

How far a drive from ya, Ernie?

$600 cash would take it and you could keep it, clean it up & flip it.....or part it out on eBay(the most money and especially if ya didn't want it anyway).

Kevin

How far a drive from ya, Ernie?

$600 cash would take it and you could keep it, clean it up & flip it.....or part it out on eBay(the most money and especially if ya didn't want it anyway).

Kevin
I thought about it but it's an 8 hour round trip for me and with gas prices the way they are I'd be at least $ 150-175 in gas for me .
I can't believe there isn't anyone closer that could snatch it up .
Ernie

I thought about it but it's an 8 hour round trip for me and with gas prices the way they are I'd be at least $ 150-175 in gas for me .
I can't believe there isn't anyone closer that could snatch it up .
Ernie
Yep just about the same time/distance for me too.....

Yeah, I get it about the time & gas thing. I've got a vintage car back in MO and I've been planning all summer on going back there and towing it home. But the project was predicated on lower gas prices. The good news is, my old work truck got overhauled to make the trip and that is a benefit with or without the trip happening.;)

That saw could be scooped up for $600 or less. The seller could list the saw on eBay for more, but he'll give up 12.9%. And..........if he's really unlucky, some ****tard could buy it, put broken parts back on it, keep the good parts and claim to PayPal that the saw was "not as advertised". The sellers is required therefore to refund the money, pay for the shipping and receive a saw back with broken parts.:mad:

Kevin

Also if I didn't already have a 111s in my collection I'd a been on it like a bum on a bologna sandwich!
I'm hoping it ends up in a collectors hands where it belongs.
Ernie
I didn't know you already had one, Ernie. Kudos for that!

It's temping if you're anywhere near, because the parts alone will sell for many times the asking price. Nobody really knows the actual production figures on these saws, but it must have been substantial. They always seem to turn up here and in Europe......just about the time you think they are all accounted for.

Kevin

I didn't know you already had one, Ernie. Kudos for that!

It's temping if you're anywhere near, because the parts alone will sell for many times the asking price. Nobody really knows the actual production figures on these saws, but it must have been substantial. They always seem to turn up here and in Europe......just about the time you think they are all accounted for.

Kevin
Yes I was lucky enough to have a very nice condition 111s offered to me by a member here .
I'm very happy with it and got to meet a very nice fellow collector !
I've been trying to post pics but it isn't working ...not sure what's going on .
Ernie

Latest posts

Back