Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice example here ....https://www.ebay.com/itm/166232991283?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=pQMP5azgSBK&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=LzCCk5zuRd6&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

Ernie

Went for $200 with free shipping. Seller says he was mistaken and it was an 801. Has a decomp rubber plug which makes sense because the 801 and the 90 shared the same top piece on a lot of the saws....depending on the production run and so they just plugged the decomp hole on the 801.

Kevin

Went for $200 with free shipping. Seller says he was mistaken and it was an 801. Has a decomp rubber plug which makes sense because the 801 and the 90 shared the same top piece on a lot of the saws....depending on the production run and so they just plugged the decomp hole on the 801.

Kevin
I didn't even notice that in the listing... someone got a decent deal

Ernie

And then there's this;https://www.ebay.com/itm/204405396177?hash=item2f9782d2d1:

Weeeeeeeeee......read to the end he says in his description. 100% feedback he says, buy with confidence. Except he doesn't have 100% feedback due to that guy he's feuding with. I wouldn't buy from this guy if he had the last chainsaw on Earth. This is the dark side of what Internet hype and collecting can produce.

Kevin

And then there's this;https://www.ebay.com/itm/204405396177?hash=item2f9782d2d1:

Weeeeeeeeee......read to the end he says in his description. 100% feedback he says, buy with confidence. Except he doesn't have 100% feedback due to that guy he's feuding with. I wouldn't buy from this guy if he had the last chainsaw on Earth. This is the dark side of what Internet hype and collecting can produce.

Kevin
I like this line ....
When your done cutting loosen the chain if you do not you risk snapping the crankshaft because the shrinking chain will break it. Think it's not possible? Ask my mechanic.

Very interesting 🤔

Ernie

I like this line ....
When your done cutting loosen the chain if you do not you risk snapping the crankshaft because the shrinking chain will break it. Think it's not possible? Ask my mechanic.

Very interesting 🤔

Ernie
Yeah, a real 'pro'......

I should ask my mechanic....wait a minute, I am my mechanic.:dizzy:

Kevin

Hmmmm.....did he pay you and/or acknowledge he got it??

Kevin
Yes he did pay and more or less acknowledged he recieved it....but not really definitive. Tracking said it was delivered. He was headed on vacation around then but I have no idea how long that was for ....perhaps still on vacation. Hope he's OK.....

I have got a 621 I picked up cheap. It is a real nice looking saw. Wondering what saws/parts interchange with a 621?

I have got a 621 I picked up cheap. It is a real nice looking saw. Wondering what saws/parts interchange with a 621?
Iconic Jonsereds pro saw. Made to be virtually bulletproof. Kind of propriety on body pieces. But the ignition plate, points, and other electrical components share with other saws. If you're gonna run the saw and care about filtration, find the round flocked filters and the cover that goes with it. Same filter setup on the 80.

If yours is low-hr, it will last you your lifetime.

Show us the saw!

Kevin

It appears to be well taken care of. Is there a specific way to lock the flywheel? I love the way my McCulloch1-52 has a hole on the body and a notch in the flywheel to lock it up. Obviously previous owner was not aware of this. Anyways I need the gasket for the fuel pump to fuel tank on the 621. Reminds me of my Husqvarna 181and Stihl MS270 in build quality.

Attachments

• 20230809_125000.jpg
    20230809_125000.jpg
    11.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230809_124943.jpg
    20230809_124943.jpg
    10.9 MB · Views: 0
It appears to be well taken care of. Is there a specific way to lock the flywheel? I love the way my McCulloch1-52 has a hole on the body and a notch in the flywheel to lock it up. Obviously previous owner was not aware of this. Anyways I need the gasket for the fuel pump to fuel tank on the 621. Reminds me of my Husqvarna 181and Stihl MS270 in build quality.
Flywheel is tapered friction fit....so locks with the Woodruff key and locknut (30-35Nm). Fuel pump in the Tilly carb....do you mean the carb to manifold gasket?

Kevin

Back