Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Question: Does anyone have the original length and diameter for the starter rope on a 621?
I’m working on one now and the rope is way too short and I think it may be the wrong diameter. Just trying to get back close to original.

New fuel line on my 630 is short .. linkage hits the underside of the line and I'm only half way on the fitting .
Seems short on the outside and inside ...it's almost impossible to get the filter on its so short .
This is a OEM Husqvarna line part number 5012859-02
Is there a different line ?
KIMG0617.JPG

Ernie

Question: Does anyone have the original length and diameter for the starter rope on a 621?
I’m working on one now and the rope is way too short and I think it may be the wrong diameter. Just trying to get back close to original.
Supposed to be 4mm cord. Length...I'd buy five ft and load the spool. Cut the extra...Gonna guess around 3 ft or so. Just don't overload the spool.

Kevin

New fuel line on my 630 is short .. linkage hits the underside of the line and I'm only half way on the fitting .
Seems short on the outside and inside ...it's almost impossible to get the filter on its so short .
This is a OEM Husqvarna line part number 5012859-02
Is there a different line ?
View attachment 1120189

Ernie
The 630 and the Husky 61 are from the same family of saws. But, they are not identical. Often the cases were different so that would account for line length differences. Unless it has the 'bulge' grommet fuel line, just buy the correct metric line and cut longer.

Kevin

The one on the left was in it when I got the saw but it's very flimsy.
It does have quit a large hole in the tank
How would I know if it's meant to have this type or just a ordinary fuel line ?
KIMG0618.JPG
Thanks
Ernie

The one on the left was in it when I got the saw but it's very flimsy.
It does have quit a large hole in the tank
How would I know if it's meant to have this type or just a ordinary fuel line ?
View attachment 1120192
Thanks
Ernie
I would take the same-diameter line and poke it through the case hole. From what I see, it will be swimming in there. So you have two choices really; you find the correct 'bulge' hose in the right length or......you use the correct diameter line with a gas-rated grommet. This means you'll have to experiment with grommet sizes....unless someone else has done this already. Pretty common when the OE hose can't be found.

Your original doesn't really look longer than the newer one? The 'bulge' fuel lines were common on Husky saws....my 'ancient' 2100 has one like the one on the left. You could always extend the line from the 'bulge' down further into the tank with a plastic gas-rated union fitting. But the top would be trickier to extend.

Fossil here, has done a fair bit of experimenting with gas-rated grommets in this type of scenario.

Kevin

As of late, I’ve kind of got out of chainsaw repair and into outboard motor repair and collecting. The guy that I bought a bunch of outboard parts from ended up having a nice Jonsered 521e. Are these desirable at all? I bought it from him with a bunch of other stuff and it runs great and the handles are nice and hot when you turn them on. Any idea on value of this? I might like to send it down the road to help fund the outboard hobby lol.

As of late, I’ve kind of got out of chainsaw repair and into outboard motor repair and collecting. The guy that I bought a bunch of outboard parts from ended up having a nice Jonsered 521e. Are these desirable at all? I bought it from him with a bunch of other stuff and it runs great and the handles are nice and hot when you turn them on. Any idea on value of this? I might like to send it down the road to help fund the outboard hobby lol.
The 521 was the "Cadillac" of the 50cc Jonsereds line. Featuring two speed heated handles and a totally different electronic ign.......it also was the first Jonsereds to come with a chain brake included as stock. Great cold weather saws....I have several. All mechanical engine parts are standard 52/52E as are top and trigger handles, clutch and cover etc. These parts, though NLA are fairly easy to find. The flywheel side case half, flywheel , recoil cover and pulley, and electronic ign are 521 specific and dificult to come by. Don't know what to tell you about value....fairly rare and very heavy duty pro saw......if the paint is in real good shape....$2-300.00 maybe to the right buyer. All depends on how bad someone wants one for the collection.

The 521 was the "Cadillac" of the 50cc Jonsereds line. Featuring two speed heated handles and a totally different electronic ign.......it also was the first Jonsereds to come with a chain brake included as stock. Great cold weather saws....I have several. All mechanical engine parts are standard 52/52E as are top and trigger handles, clutch and cover etc. These parts, though NLA are fairly easy to find. The flywheel side case half, flywheel , recoil cover and pulley, and electronic ign are 521 specific and dificult to come by. Don't know what to tell you about value....fairly rare and very heavy duty pro saw......if the paint is in real good shape....$2-300.00 maybe to the right buyer. All depends on how bad someone wants one for the collection.
Cool, thank you! I’m so tempted to keep it because I’ve never had a heated handle saw at the same point I don’t cut in the winter anymore.

Cool, thank you! I’m so tempted to keep it because I’ve never had a heated handle saw at the same point I don’t cut in the winter anymore.
Interesting thing about the heated handles. There is no voltage regulator.....the faster the engine is run the more heat it makes. So if you were felling and dealing with brush, setting the saw down etc. you might want the heat on high. But if you were bucking larger wood in a pile, running the saw steady you would want the lower heat as it would become to hot on high.

Cleaning out the garage and ran across these two bars. I took the roller from one to use on an XF (same roller tip). Anyway, they fit all of the silver top saws, but they'd be perfect for a 62, 621, 66, 70, or 80. I've sold off just about all of my J'reds (shipped off 3 XFs this week) so I have no need for them.

Would like to sell to someone here; if you're in need, please send me a message.

Attachments

• IMG_0087.jpg
    IMG_0087.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0088.jpg
    IMG_0088.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Cleaning out the garage and ran across these two bars. I took the roller from one to use on an XF (same roller tip). Anyway, they fit all of the silver top saws, but they'd be perfect for a 62, 621, 66, 70, or 80. I've sold off just about all of my J'reds (shipped off 3 XFs this week) so I have no need for them.

Would like to sell to someone here; if you're in need, please send me a message.
I started out using the old roller nose bars back in the day....General bars from Oregon for big timber. The guys that made General bars in the 70's really knew their stuff.....they were incredible handmade bars. Made in Hubbard, OR if I remember correctly. Wished I still had a few of them but switched over to Cannon towards the end of my falling days.

I do need a bar for my 621, but don't think I want a roller nose. Best of luck on these old guys, Scott!

Kevin

That may be my best option cause I have plenty of fuel line to use .

Thanks
Ernie
I wonder if the replacement 'bulge' line for the Husky 2100 might fit. I probably have an old one if you wanted to try for fit. You can still buy aftermarket lines for the 2100......so that would be a source. It would just be happenstance if it fit....

Kevin

I also came across two flat washers during disassembly of my 630 and am not sure where they go ...anyone know ?
Thanks
Ernie

Attachments

• KIMG0639.JPG
    KIMG0639.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
Back