Jonsered Rescue version for 2171 and 2165

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beowulf67

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey 'red fans, I was cruising Tilton's website yesterday and found that there is listing for a 2171VS and 2165VS. Seem to be basically stock saws with full wrap handles, carbide chain, and full loop handles. I never noticed this before and hope its not old news. Always wondered what my 2171's would look like with loop handles. Looks stout IMO.

Seen the pics of the 046R in Stihl's catalog and it looks like one tough piece of machinery............a 2186 would look pretty tough dressed up like that as well.

Enjoy

I would NEVER go on a roof to vent with out a depth limiter. The Stihl 460R is far superior as it has the depth limiter that also prevents blade exposure for the limited portion of the blade. This is why I HATE the vent masters and all the other saws. You might think you are "good enough" with a chain saw, but it is different on a 12/12 pitch with full bunker gear on, leaning off a roof latter cutting a hole through 3/4" of plywood, tar paper, and shingles!

It is old news, at least to me, but interesting anyway.

I think an add I saw several years ago told that they were tuned to a bit more power than the standard versions, and had depth limiters as well....:confused:

Maybe the ones you found isn't the same thing, though.

Last edited:
Hustler many rescue saw manufacturers use depth limiters. We use Cutter's Edge products on my department. Our saw is a 2165 Jonsy and it works great. It sits for long periods without running and then when we need it it is always ready.

My 670 Jonsered is also a former rescue saw with the full wrap handle. It is the West Coast model which includes the handle and a heavy duty air filter system. Otherwise the saw is the same as any other 670. I switched the filter to a K/N which sucks
attachment.php

Back