Jonsered vs Husqvarna

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try another carb
I'll bet chances are good someone that frequents this place has a good used one. I have seen several weird carbs like that. You are certain that the screen inside is clean and the lever is adjusted the right height?

There must be another shop in the area that can take a look before you low ball it on EEKbay

Check the needle too I've seen drill shavings in the carbs and they move around inside and the saw acts like that

Well, I've already bought another one of these of fleabay for parts, but I don't have it yet. I just took the carb apart (again!) and I did find a little crap on the screen. Don't know where it could have come from and I don't think it was nearly enough to be a problem, but there was some there. Also I noticed that the lever seemed a bit high, so I adjusted it down a bit. I don't have a lot of faith that either of these things will solve it's issues, but we'll see. This last time I overhauled the carb, I soaked the carb body in my carb cleaner dunk tank overnight, then rinsed it, and blew everything out with carb cleaner spray and air, so I don't think there would be anything still inside it.
I know I've never had a saw be this frustrating to get straightened out, and I've worked on a lot of them over the years!

Latest posts

Back