Jred 2159

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gibb Lane in Burks Falls. He is a good guy to deal with just donot try and lower the price, what he says goes

Donnyman: ed where the hell is burks falls,ah it dosent matter because i am on ed speedial for any used saws all ready done up.Right ed!!! or a silvey or 359/57/??.I already posted this and it disappeared,oh well.don checkthe thread about 353vs4?? and take heed to gypo loggers advice.also pm me the price pls.Ahh about logs..The prices are all over the place.Were hearing rumours of 750 but pricing here is 850 to900 soft maple being 550 but usually 650.My guy has tri axle and lowboy pup 81/2 high truck and trailer is 10' high it brings 42,44tons. logs 100" long ,diams are 8 to22". 75%maple 15%red oak the rest ash and yellow birch.The paper mill in cornwall is(was) paying 52$ tonne so prices are high.anyways stay in trouble jeff

Burk Falls in on Hwy 11 north of Huntsville about an hour and a half from me , I can also get any Jonsred from the states at a good price but the 2159 is cheap than the 2156 by abit. I am not sure if I can put prices on here without getting into trouble , I am a sponsor so if any of the moderators can tell me yes or no to this that would be great

Yes Ed

You are a sponsor, no different than Bailey's.

playinwood.As I posted earlyer.The loads I have been getting are single truck loads.No pup or trailer.I payed 700.00 +tax for aload this spring.Load was mixed hard wood,hard and soft maple yellow birch some hichry and alot of white birch and a couple ash.The fellow has maybe 10 miles to haul it to my door.Is his pice sound fair.?.I have a hydro wire that runs across my driveway .I measure from the ground up to the wire ,it is 13.6feet He just squeezes under it.Log are up tight to the front of the bunks and level with the back of the bunks.Had a couple hollow ones in the whole load.What do yuo think.Don.

donny,i am not a big fan of white birch or soft maple. its fine to work with and burn at the start and the end.700 sounds fair i guess,call around,but the seller is always in charge of the deal.I also found CASH talks.Mention that.Did you get my pm.Let ed get back to you before you buy anything just to see but i'll bet a 100 difference.He is quite connected in our area.stay in trouble.jeff

finally here

here she is boys and girls,took two weeks to get it but well worth the wait,only had time to run two tanks thru, amazing saw!!! i srated a new thread friday evening asking for bar and chain combos, not much response, seems the majority of AS members run stihl, you don't know what your missing. anyway i will run the 20" 3/8 for now, hopefully over the holidays i will have enough time to make lots of woodchips

jokers said:
... As pretty as the 2159 is compared to my 359 and 357xp, that darned straight across handlebar leaves alot to be desired. It feels totally awkward after running a Husky. It`s a shame that Jonsered would stick with this in lieu of ergonomics on an otherwise fine saw.
Russ
:bang: :bang:
I avoid the pretty looking newer Jreds for that very reason.
About a year ago I passed on a very good deal on the 2171 for that reason, and I do not regret it.

handle

well that was your first mistake, running a husky, i however prefer the jonsered mainly due to the straight bar, keeps the saw at 90 dgrees when cutting. we should have our own little gtg in bobcaygeon to compare, bent vs. straight bars

I should probably know this, but don't those top handles interchange? Troll, do you know? I'll check tomorrow when I get to the store.

Russ;

I've got a 2156DLX with heated handles, and it's a good idea to dump the cat muffler, which I did. It is a very quick saw. The 2156 only comes with the cat, but the 357XP comes with the regular muffler. Also, the 2156 comes with .325 chain. The husky interestingly comes with 3/8 unless you order the XPG with heated handles which comes with the .325. Which do you think is the best way to go?

spike60 said:
I should probably know this, but don't those top handles interchange? Troll, do you know? I'll check tomorrow when I get to the store.
As far as I know, they do not interchange, unless you change the fuel tank/rear handle assambly also. At least that is the case with the 372/2171.

That would for sure ruin the nice looks of the Jred, and cost some money, so it would be better to buy a Husky to start with.

Well, I checked and in this case they do swap back and forth. Same goes for the 2150/350 and 2152/353.

Not that anyone would plan to go this way, but if you have a mix of models and the different handle angles bug you, you can make them all the same.

woodfarmer said:
here she is boys and girls,took two weeks to get it but well worth the wait,only had time to run two tanks thru, amazing saw!!! i srated a new thread friday evening asking for bar and chain combos, not much response, seems the majority of AS members run stihl, you don't know what your missing. anyway i will run the 20" 3/8 for now, hopefully over the holidays i will have enough time to make lots of woodchips
Nice saw now send it to ed and then it will be really sweet.20" is great if yournot vertically challenged like me,if not 18.oregon 73lg works for me.I would like to enter in the bent bar class.jeff

So why does Jred use the straight bar and Husky the curved one? Seems like it would be best to use whatever is most ergo, but obviously Jred has a reason.

That 2159 makes me want to swap my 359 for one. Jonnys have to be the best looking saws, bar none. And I don't even like red usually.

Well, I checked and in this case they do swap back and forth. Same goes for the 2150/350 and 2152/353.

Not that anyone would plan to go this way, but if you have a mix of models and the different handle angles bug you, you can make them all the same.
Just got a tree monkey 359…The husky handle angle is easier on my left wrist…maybe get some more husky handles for my 2156 and 2159.

Wow, this was an old thread to dig up!

Try one first and see if you might also want to change the brake handle. Different angle of the two sometimes make for a tight fit for guys with large hands.

Latest posts

Back