jred 490

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donnyman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi members.Short question here.What is a 490 jred in a husky I need a piston and if the jred dealer dont have it I can go to the husky dealer,but need to no whats compatable.The jred piston has one ring and is skelintized.Thanks for any help.Donnyman.

The 490 is a true Jonsered. The only Huskies that had the same bore and stroke were the 50 Special and the 51- I don't know if pistons and rings were the same though. The 490 and 590 Jonseys are the same saw except for minor stuff.

TO my knowledge, the 490 was 44mm and the 590 was 45mm. I will getyou the part number for the 490 piston. I have it at work.

-Steve

490jred

Ok thanks guys,Ill watch the post and get the numbers freak when you post them.Any of you guys woods ported or modifyed one of theses.490 or 590.I have one of hech.They go kin hell.Thanks in advance.Donnyman.

Stumper said:
The 490 is a true Jonsered. ...

No, I don't believe that is true - it is an "E-lux Jonsered".

As far as I know, the 490 (44 mm bore - 48.7 cc) is basically the same saw at the Husky 50, and both are based on the Partner P5000 design.

About the same is the case with the 590 (45 mm bore - 50.8 cc), which is basically the same as the Husky 50 Spesial and 51.

When I say "true Jonsered" I do not exclude all Jonseys made after E-lux adquisition. For a period of time after the merge Jonsered used differing designs-Many of those became Husky standard after they were well proven but not all. At this point I consider them to be all pretty much the same but they weren't always even when both were Electrolux products.
According to my manual the 490 and 590 both had a 45mm bore but perhaps it is incorrect.

Last edited:
There was a Jo-Bu too...
And it is a Partner designed saw.
It did rotate parts with several others as the 50/51.

Back