Jugs........Rare & Different

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Mahle jug looks like it'd be more durable. After you clean the ports up, do you find much difference?

Does the Mahle have more meat you can remove, or is just the base thicker?

I've really not seen a lot of difference between the brands. Not as much as I was led to believe there would be at any rate.

I recognized the writing on the top of the box for that 2100 cylinder. :) I was out on the road in a feed truck when that auction was ending I had terrible signal and was trying to bid from my phone and not getting much done. I called my wife and she got on and got a bid in with about 6 mins left. :eek::rock:

I can't like that post enough I'm really looking forward to it. And I know that thing is in the best hands possible for the job.

I really like this thread, I love looking at the design of various piston and cylinder sets. it is ecspecially neat when you look at various points along the way.
for example transfers were open port then shrouded open ports like on a jons 910 or various old partners and jusky 380/480 then was a full closed port like a 266xp. everyone went there. Stihl stayed there. elux started feeding more from the bottom like the 2077/2083 and some 590's

then the came to quad port bottomfeeders like the 346 and 372.
the 353/359 ushered in removable transfer covers on huskys' but solo had them long before that. then there were long sweeping transfers on the first gen husky strato's.

this is just one aspect neat stuff.

thanks for the pics guys I have a bunch of jugs but nothing really exotic or interesting. I will see what I can do.

david

Back