Just 12 days...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not bad here. Get a long growing season for the garden, and just enough cool weather with some cold weather to make the heating season with a wood stove enjoyable. Get one to a few white dirt episodes per winter, that's enough. About my only complaint is mud, but I'll take mud over cracked dry ground or desert.

PV2 is supposed to start here tomorrow night, got several wheelbarrow loads inside of mixed bag and some real dry oak.

Good to go!

Tonight won't be too bad, but the next couple days will be brutal. I'm off this week for vacation, so basically my routine will be: wake up, load back up the 2 little racks in the house, refill the rack outside with what I took to replenish the inside, and call it a day. I'm fine with doing that for a week. :)

Had upper 50's Saturday, that was the best we'll see in awhile. Cut down a big dead elm tree yesterday, for something to beat cabin fever?? Winter's getting kind of "Old & Waaaaay Over stayed it's welcome" like an unwanted house guest!!!! Good riddance for sure :mad:

You're further north than I am, but 2 days last week, one was close to 40, and the other was like 43. Was great! Then it got cold again, and back in the house I went. Throw another log on the fire and sit at the puter clicking the mouse.
What did we do before arborist when it was too nasty out?

I was pretty young but before that I'd be out in the garage messing with dad's tools or grinding nails in the grinding wheel or nailing all of dad's scrap 2x4s together. LoL

Sent from my Samsung Note 3.

...until Daylight Savings Time, just 24 days until the first day of Spring.

It's has to be some sort of cruel, heartless joke.
Something near 3 feet of snow on my yard, sub-zero and single digit temperatures for the next 10 days, relentless winds pushing -30° windchill all week, more snow coming for the weekend.

If something don't change soon the suicide rate is gonna' go off the charts 'round here. Everyone you talk to is in a pizz-poor mood... heck, nobody even waves as they drive by anymore. The streets and roads are in such poor condition ya' can't hardly drive on 'em without something breaking. Retailers can't sell anything except ice-melt chemicals... and sure as hell can't start putting out the "Spring" goods without getting lynched by an angry mob. I ain't seen a genuine smile in near a month now. Police/sheriff "domestic disturbance" calls have doubled in the last month. The schools have so many "snow make-up" days they'll still be in session in June... criminy, they tried to do a "make-up" day last week, and it got canceled because of the blizzard‼

This sucks, even my friggin' dogs growl at me when I say good mornin' to 'em.
And now, because of this week's "polar vortex" bull$h!t, I'm gonna' need more friggin' firewood moved in the house‼
I can't find a good excuse to roll-out in the morning anymore... it was damn near 6:30 before I tossed the blankets back today.
Even the damn beer 'n' whiskey is getting boring...
Hang in there spidey. Blue skies, warm breezes and drinks with umbrellas are right around the corner. If your that type of fella anyway

Only a few months 'til we can switch over to b$*&!'g about the heat!
And bug season is right around the corner too. ;)

Even the beer in the garage fridge is freezing!
Oh and anything shipped in from California causes cancer. Leave it there.
and if you send something out there while it may be safe here....it will cause cancer out there!

least you still got wood to shovel in the furnace. I'll be running the gas furnace for this round of polar vortex as my wood pile said UNCLE 2 weeks ago. This winter whupped my ass in more ways than one.

Soon enough you all will be lookin for ways to stay cool, and avoid the AC electrical charges. The blood suckers will be back along with there kinfolk. All of us will be css at break neck speed to replace what we used + some.

It's not spring until the NCAA wrestling finals are over. That's my "official" beginning of spring. March 20-22 cannot get here fast enough.

The woodpile should hold until then.

Go Hawkeyes!
phill

The weather here in sw pa has been just as brutal as you described in Iowa. Personally, I do not know how people survive and live everyday like this. Such places like Maine, Alaska, and Winnipeg?

Back