Just because its funny...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
so at 19 years old or so you own all that and you're the guy that climbs? 🤨
I climb, my dad climbs when needed, I also do ground work and run equipment, whatever needs done

yes, I own everything, bucket truck, chipper, dump trailer, excavator, mini skid, the pickup is my dads (still in my company name but its his take-home truck) and I rent the crane

Gorgeous tree. Why did the owners want it cut down?
View attachment 1153888
see that deck? they had to cut into the tree as it grew to keep it, it was dropping limbs on the AC unit and getting into underground gas lines, also had a rotten out stump which was totally hollow and snapped one of the 2 cables in it

awesome tree, hate to see it go, but it was only a matter of when, not if it was going to fail sending a stem right onto the house, and you see the size of the stems!

we also removed about 32 pine and cedar trees for these people, my biggest job to date, I think in total we had around 15 loads of chips, 2 full days crane rental, 10 trailer loads of logs and 3 guys working full time

would have been less crane rental time if I rented an 80 ton instead of a 30 but the driveway was pretty crappy and the 80 would have broke through it.

EDIT
also, stairs on deck for scale, that's a big tree! they asked about stump grinding, when it came out to 12ft @$6 an inch they decided not to have it ground, and I think thats really cheap, I think normally stumps are around $10 an inch but my stump guy gives me a discount since we are friends and he lives really close to where I do most of my jobs

I could tell by the deck that tree was humongous! What kind was it? I see dark centers in the cut limbs, it wasn't a walnut, was it?
red oak, wish it was walnut, this one became firewood, gave the logs to a buddy of mine that does firewood and also to a customer that gives it away to his church, that customer is set for life on logs I think

View attachment 410952784_403651722272698_3042177659808767054_n.mp4
View attachment 407350482_3683191208672685_4794129037183251565_n.mp4
View attachment near perfect crane pick (1).mp4

Back