just bought an old asplund bucket truck Altec LR IV-50

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone have any problems with an auxiliary brake buzzer that will mysteriously turn on after hitting a bump in the road and won't shut off until the truck is turned off? I can't seem to find the "buzzer" under the dash to remove it. Obviously a sensor malfunction, but can't seem to find the cause.

That truck does have a 366 in it.

X2, unless some one changed the motor it is a 366 dog, but dependable and all in all a good motor. IMO, Do not waiste your time and money switching to diesel if anything run this one untill it pukes and then build it up a bit or add a 2sp rear for the time being.

If you can afford it, I'd buy a new (or used/ reconditioned) truck. You can get them lots of ways now. You could even do a rent to own (the most expensive route to owning one however).

If there is no way to buy a different truck, try putting a CAT engine in it. Unless you know how to swap engines and have all the right tools, it will be fairly pricey. You might do a cost benefit analysis before deciding. Bucket trucks for sale are surprisingly reasonable these days.

I have a 1995 GMC with the cat engine. My boom is the Hi ranger , 2006 model. I pull a BC 1500 ( 7 thousand LBS. ). I paid 14k , the truck only had 54k miles and is in mint condition! Best think I ever bought!

If you can afford it, I'd buy a new (or used/ reconditioned) truck. You can get them lots of ways now. You could even do a rent to own (the most expensive route to owning one however).

If there is no way to buy a different truck, try putting a CAT engine in it. Unless you know how to swap engines and have all the right tools, it will be fairly pricey. You might do a cost benefit analysis before deciding. Bucket trucks for sale are surprisingly reasonable these days.

Amber,

If you want to advertise your company, then do so in the appropriate locations - become a site sponsor. Don't interupt threads like this one to interject your sales pitch. I don't like it and I'm sure others don't also. You've don't the same thing in other threads. Please stop it.

CAT motor all the way! my GMC has the 3126 & could rip the gates off hell if I could hook up to em!!!!

LXT...........

Amber,

If you want to advertise your company, then do so in the appropriate locations - become a site sponsor. Don't interupt threads like this one to interject your sales pitch. I don't like it and I'm sure others don't also. You've don't the same thing in other threads. Please stop it.

I wonder if she thinks she's fooling anyone? lol

I have a 1995 GMC with the cat engine. My boom is the Hi ranger , 2006 model. I pull a BC 1500 ( 7 thousand LBS. ). I paid 14k , the truck only had 54k miles and is in mint condition! Best think I ever bought!

Old thread I know, but where did you find your truck so cheap?

Latest posts

Back