just bought an old asplund bucket truck Altec LR IV-50

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stihl025

stihl025

ArboristSite Guru
Anyone have any problems with an auxiliary brake buzzer that will mysteriously turn on after hitting a bump in the road and won't shut off until the truck is turned off? I can't seem to find the "buzzer" under the dash to remove it. Obviously a sensor malfunction, but can't seem to find the cause.

custom8726

custom8726

ArboristSite Guru
That truck does have a 366 in it.

X2, unless some one changed the motor it is a 366 dog, but dependable and all in all a good motor. IMO, Do not waiste your time and money switching to diesel if anything run this one untill it pukes and then build it up a bit or add a 2sp rear for the time being.

Amber

Amber

ArboristSite Lurker
If you can afford it, I'd buy a new (or used/ reconditioned) truck. You can get them lots of ways now. You could even do a rent to own (the most expensive route to owning one however).

If there is no way to buy a different truck, try putting a CAT engine in it. Unless you know how to swap engines and have all the right tools, it will be fairly pricey. You might do a cost benefit analysis before deciding. Bucket trucks for sale are surprisingly reasonable these days.

GlenWimpy

GlenWimpy

ArboristSite Operative
I have a 1995 GMC with the cat engine. My boom is the Hi ranger , 2006 model. I pull a BC 1500 ( 7 thousand LBS. ). I paid 14k , the truck only had 54k miles and is in mint condition! Best think I ever bought!

arbor pro

arbor pro

Addicted to ArboristSite
If you can afford it, I'd buy a new (or used/ reconditioned) truck. You can get them lots of ways now. You could even do a rent to own (the most expensive route to owning one however).

If there is no way to buy a different truck, try putting a CAT engine in it. Unless you know how to swap engines and have all the right tools, it will be fairly pricey. You might do a cost benefit analysis before deciding. Bucket trucks for sale are surprisingly reasonable these days.

Amber,

If you want to advertise your company, then do so in the appropriate locations - become a site sponsor. Don't interupt threads like this one to interject your sales pitch. I don't like it and I'm sure others don't also. You've don't the same thing in other threads. Please stop it.

lxt

Addicted to ArboristSite
CAT motor all the way! my GMC has the 3126 & could rip the gates off hell if I could hook up to em!!!!

LXT...........

Blakesmaster

Blakesmaster

Addicted to ArboristSite
Amber,

If you want to advertise your company, then do so in the appropriate locations - become a site sponsor. Don't interupt threads like this one to interject your sales pitch. I don't like it and I'm sure others don't also. You've don't the same thing in other threads. Please stop it.

I wonder if she thinks she's fooling anyone? lol

Latest posts