Just can't do it

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Read somewhere that the majority of heartattacks occurr within the first 20min of getting out of bed. Seems it takes a few minutes for your body to become fully awake. I dont know if that is true or not, but since reading that, I have always hit the snooze button and will just lay in the bed until the alarm goes off a second time. I stay at motels during the wk. so Its usually take a shower and grap a cup of coffee on the way out the door. Usually in the truck in 10-15 minutes from the time my feet hits the floor.
Well, I was on the job for 27 years, and you would be surprised how many early morning DOA's would be found on the throne after giving birth to a five pound brown. And, they weren't all old guys either... Actually became commonplace...

I can be alert, relatively awake within a few minutes of touchdown, no coffee needed (or wanted) My wife however, needs an hour or so. My first thing in the morning energy drives her nuts.
I'm on call at work 24/7, and with living less than a five minute drive away, being alert quickly works out pretty well for those middle of the night emergency calls.
To the OP, I could probably be ready to pilot the saw within 1/2 hour of getting up.

My work schedule start time varies from 11 pm to 5 AM depending where I'm needed. I figure if I gotta be awake at those hours, I'm going to be paid for it, so even with a 1/2 hour drive I'm on the clock 45 minutes after the alarm goes off.

As far as work, I have to get up quite a bit earlier to feed the chickens, get eggs, let the dogs out, feed the stove, ect. Years ago when I worked for a big GC, we started at 6am and on average had an hour drive, I was pulling out of the driveway 15 minutes after I woke up.

Getting up time varies according to what needs done, but every thing is laid out, lunch packed, saws fueled and loaded before bed time. Coffee is on a timer, first breakfast is a big spoonful of peanut butter followed by a couple of big homemade oatmeal cookies carried out the door most of the time less than 10 min from feet on the floor. Seldom hear the alarm, just naturally wake up when I plan to. Never lay in bed after waking unless the Lady needs some attention!

Well, I was on the job for 27 years, and you would be surprised how many early morning DOA's would be found on the throne after giving birth to a five pound brown. And, they weren't all old guys either... Actually became commonplace...

On the job myself and seen this more than once. Big reason is when your grunting to push out a big angry you evoke a vagal maneuver. When you vagal your heart stops for a bit. Sometimes it forgets to restart.

At work when we encounter someone who's heart is in SVT (supra ventricular tachycardia) we tell them to bear down as if pushing out a big poop. Sometimes that work by stopping the heart and basically resetting the rhythm. If that doesn't work we have med's we push that stop the heart as well. Though the med's stop it a little longer than a vagal maneuver. Nothing like flatlining a conscious patient. It definitely get's your own blood pumping little.

On the job myself and seen this more than once. Big reason is when your grunting to push out a big angry you evoke a vagal maneuver. When you vagal your heart stops for a bit. Sometimes it forgets to restart.

At work when we encounter someone who's heart is in SVT (supra ventricular tachycardia) we tell them to bear down as if pushing out a big poop. Sometimes that work by stopping the heart and basically resetting the rhythm. If that doesn't work we have med's we push that stop the heart as well. Though the med's stop it a little longer than a vagal maneuver. Nothing like flatlining a conscious patient. It definitely get's your own blood pumping little.
Man, we never had to get into that!! By the time were called, they were already pronounced. We did the pics, interviews, yada yada...
Had a guy, late 40's, log in the bowl, slumped "comfortably" sideways on the vanity....and the NY Daily News on his lap! Very peaceful.

I can think of better ways for my days to end!
Then again, I think that was Elvis' swan song, if I'm not mistaken.

I can be out the door before my shoes are on if I have to. I generally prefer a slightly more peaceful transition.

I hit the ground moving. I actually hate fiddling around in the morning. I can lay in bed some but if there's work to do just get up and get at it. My only rule is to never leave the house without breakfast- usually just a bowl of cereal which takes just a few mins.

personally, I find early mornings to be the most productive time of day. There's hardy any traffic, no lines, and really nobody around to get in your way. My biggest hang up is that it is darn near impossible to start my day without a shower. If I don't shower first thing in the morning, there's a good chance nothing in my day will go right. So basically from eyes open to being productive is usually 20 minutes or so: shower, turd, coffee, and a quick bite.

I used to get up super early be punched in before 5 and work long hours in my twenties . I had nice checks but it seemed it was in vain. ..the money came and went ( I don't even remember what I spent it on. ) but I was too worn out to really enjoy the money or life for that matter .these days I don't kill myself to please people and found the early morning rat race just made my employers wealthy men while it made me tired and grumpy . I still get up early but allow for a little self pampering and devotion before I'm out
Its a cruel world outside and you need meditation to get focused and in right state of mind to do battle against what's outside that door. All the long hours and being at a shop away from my family taught me an important lesson :

Time is far more valuable than money .. You can always make more money but you only have a set limited amount of time

Except on rare occasions, I'm up between 4:30 and 5:00 AM every day... and even on those rare occasions I'm still up, I just elect to crawl back in.
I can be ready to rock 'n' roll in 15 minutes if need be... but...
Mornings are my alone time. Everyone else is asleep, I have the house to myself, no TV's spittin' out dribble, no dogs jumping in my lap, no kids whining about breakfast... and, when I'm good 'n' ready, the bathroom is all friggin' mine, no waiting, nobody bangin' on the door. During school time the family starts rollin' out about 6:30; that's when I hit the shower, as soon as I hear the first stirrings... while there's still plenty of hot water. When school ain't on I have a lot more time, sometimes it's 7:30-8:00 before anyone else starts movin'. During summer, when sun-up is the earliest, I may get a up a bit earlier yet... I can't seem to sit in the house once it's light outside, but I still like my time before headin' out. There's a lot of morning when I'm standin' outside, sippin' that last cup of coffee, and watchin' the sun clear the trees.

Oh no, man. Please don't start somethin' like that. Dang I don't want to think of The King dying on his own throne.
what I read about it,,was a fact...anndddddd, 5 to 7 minutes after i wake,,im out the door..just came from days of job,,now retired,,and its ingrained in me...like whitey,i wake without a alarm,tho one is set........

What is an alarm?

An alarm?? Well... that's easy ('cause I learned it the hard-way for ya').
That's a loud, obnoxious, irritating noise your stupid "smart phone" makes halfway through your second cup of coffee 'cause ya' somehow pushed some stupid button the night before... and the only person in the house who knows how to shut that loud, obnoxious, irritating noise off is your teenage daughter‼

What is an alarm?

That is that little round black thing that went sailing across the room at three or four every morning back in the good ol' days! That was the way I routinely turned off my Baby Ben. One more thing that it can truly be said about, they don't make them like they used to! Bounced that thing off of a concrete floor covered with a thin tile hundreds of times. Looked more battered than a chainsaw that had put in a couple hundred thousand miles loose in the bed of a truck but kept on getting the job done.

Hu

Latest posts

Back