Just can't do it

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alarm, take two. After posting about the Baby Ben I remembered about my other alarm chuckle. I was running a twenty-four hour wrecker service along with my other businesses and not getting much sleep one cold wet winter. My wife and I slept under a heavy "mink" quilt my brother had got in Korea when he was stationed there and given me. My alarm clock died and a new one was purchased.

The new alarm clock sounded just like the chirp alarm on heavy equipment backing up. I would be sleeping peacefully with only an hour or two of sleep when I would hear a bulldozer backing into my bedroom! The first few weeks I absolutely exploded out of bed, sometimes finding myself standing in the middle of the bed after the quilt and covers had flown everywhere. Nothing like the panic of awakening from a sound sleep to hear a piece of heavy equipment backing up a few feet from you! Finally got used to that damned alarm but it didn't take that long for my wife to learn to hate it.

Hu

Wife prefers I shower AFTER doing my cutting/splitting...

LOL
Yeah, so does mine‼
At the same time, I feel better (let's say more alert and energetic) if I shower every morning before walkin' out'a the house... even if I showered just before bed the night before. During warmer months I may shower three, even four times a day depending on what's goin' on... near always at least twice any time of year, once in the morning and then in the evening before pullin' on those "relaxing" time clothes. (shrug) Just me I guess.

Seven days a week I get up by 4:30 AM and leave the house at 5:00. In that 30 minutes I am getting dressed and drinking a cup of coffee. I'm back home by 8:30 AM after meeting the guys for coffee at Mc Donalds and Monday thru Friday walking
2-1/2 miles before breakfast.

I punch in an hour after I wake up. It's 35 min travel time. I try not to do any actual work for at least a few hours after that though.

peter.jpg

On the job myself and seen this more than once. Big reason is when your grunting to push out a big angry you evoke a vagal maneuver. When you vagal your heart stops for a bit. Sometimes it forgets to restart.

At work when we encounter someone who's heart is in SVT (supra ventricular tachycardia) we tell them to bear down as if pushing out a big poop. Sometimes that work by stopping the heart and basically resetting the rhythm. If that doesn't work we have med's we push that stop the heart as well. Though the med's stop it a little longer than a vagal maneuver. Nothing like flatlining a conscious patient. It definitely get's your own blood pumping little.
6-12-12 flaaaaaat pucker pucker pucker beep beep breathe!

I get up 5-6 days a week at 4am ..if I get up at 4:15 I'm gonna be late!

I can barely stay in bed past 6am on my off days...damn near 30 years of being a worker bee has got me trained.

Same here. Most of my working life was spent on shift work so I can be out the door after s/s/s in 20 minutes. Now I am retired I still have the habit of waking up when I don't want to but can't get back to sleep.

Wooding expeditions are much like opening day of hunting season, can't sleep for anticipation :)

Harry K

I go in spurts needing an alarm. For a month or two I'll be up before the thing goes off. Then for a month or two I'll need to hit the snooze a time or two. Either way though I still take my hour or two getting my head together before I get going.

Talking about the throne and heart attacks, a neighbor of mine and his wife died some years ago about 3 years apart. Both of them died sitting on the white porcelain thing. Might be something to that deal, or either it old age. Maybe part of both, ya think?

I need an hour for a shower, quiet time and coffee. If I dont have coffee I'm the green guy in the garbage can (oscar the grouch) for hours.

I'm up at the crack of dawn, then she rolls over and I'm up to no good. 7:00 is roll call for the boiler, there's no place I have to be except next to wifey, unless the guys call for an early tee time. The woods are nearby for any work I have to do and they ain't going anywhere. Retired people make their own schedules, wait for it, you'll enjoy it.

It's -10° out there, but the coffee is hot... I'm not sure 2 hours is enough time to get my head together this morning.
yeah...the car cranking over,,told me so!!!!!:ices_rofl: it starts,,but sure don't like it!!! and remember,,some southern types,,say it aint so cold up,,,,,like in summer, they say it aint so hot up here!!!!!!

Back