Just for giggles

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tommie,

Let's see here. Number two Happy Meals. Pink Cadillacs. Folgers. Blue Suede shoes. Pepsi. Fried peanut butter, banana and Stihl Ultra sandwiches.

Tell me about that lid raising again,

ole joat

LOL, good one. Ya know that lady's husband never gets out the car. I reach in to get the saw and hear him say how ya doing Tom. I look up and he's watching me in the rear view mirrow. I think he knows I kinda like his lil wifey, she's such a sweetie. They are good people dealing with what I'm sure they consider a prince among men,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

You tell him Joat. You know Joat I can't be too bad. I got one sweet little ole woman and her husband that I have been dealing with for years. They are loaded with money, have a big place over in Middleburg Va. He's probably 75, she is close to the same age. She's about 4'9, 100lbs at best.

Every month it seems here they come bringing me a 360 Pro I sold them about 10 years ago. I see them pull up and I automaticly stop what I'm doing and meet her at the back of their Caddliac Suv. He hits the button, the lid rasies and I reach in and get that saw. She goes thank you Tom and they leave. Its my job to maintain that saw and I do. Usually its just a chain sharpening or clean up and check over. They come back the next day, I carry the saw to the car. He hits the button, the lid raises and I set the saw back in the car. He hits the button and the lid closes. She takes the bill and says thank you Tom and away they go. Thats been going on for years. I wish all my customers were like her and that old guy, life would be so grand indeed.
:cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers:

Now come on, you'd have nothng to post.

LOL, good one. Ya know that lady's husband never gets out the car. I reach in to get the saw and hear him say how ya doing Tom. I look up and he's watching me in the rear view mirrow. I think he knows I kinda like his lil wifey, she's such a sweetie. They are good people dealing with what I'm sure they consider a prince among men,:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

You double jointed?

Don't pat yourself on the back to hard there Tom. So you waitin for him to kick the bucket or what ?

Bars and chains don't last forever. When they wear out they need to be replaced so whats there to be pissed about? If the reason is because I made the decision for you all I can tell ya is if you maintained your saw I wouldn't have to make those decisions for ya. If you, like him, thought the carb was gonna jump out the box and install itself on your saw for free then maybe you need to buy the carb yourself and have at it, not have your wife tell me to fix it.

You said bring it, you got it.

Tommy,man you gotta take two midol BEFORE posting....I was just jerkin' your chain.

I do all my own work on my saws so there's no chance of this happening to me.

As I said in a earlier post,GIT THAT MONEY man,there's no harm in making a living and if some retired lawyer wants to pay you for it more power to you.

Just not my cup of tea,in my most humble of opinions:biggrinbounce2:

After reading all of this crap, I expect to see an uncut video on how fast you
can tear down one of the 290/310/390 saws, I know I can beat you......

My personal best is 35 mins. That's with power tools, though. Maybe I'll get better after another 30 or so.....

Don't pat yourself on the back to hard there Tom. So you waitin for him to kick the bucket or what ?

Not patting myself on the back at all. Just poinitng out the differance in people, thats all. Waiting on him to kick the bucket, don't think so. I hope he and her both lived to be a hundred.

No fear though ole boy I get people like you in the door too, the so called know it all pro user. Thats when the fun really begins. I get a kick out of you guys.

Tommy,man you gotta take two midol BEFORE posting....I was just jerkin' your chain.

I do all my own work on my saws so there's no chance of this happening to me.

As I said in a earlier post,GIT THAT MONEY man,there's no harm in making a living and if some retired lawyer wants to pay you for it more power to you.

Just not my cup of tea,in my most humble of opinions:biggrinbounce2:

Hahahaha, shall I let go of your chain now, I was pulling back on ya. I saw both of your posts. Dayumm why can't I have some fun too,haha

My personal best is 35 mins. That's with power tools, though. Maybe I'll get better after another 30 or so.....

35 minutes is dayumm good. I know alot of shops that won't attempt to rip apart a 290 series saw. Hell Stihl won't pay us to do it either. They always say call before going that far with that series.

I use a 14volt Milwaukee drill driver at the shop. Kinda heavy but man that thing will spin those screws out in a hurry. Here at home I use a 18volt Milwaukee on my own stuff. That thing zips them out super quick but its too big to be putting them back in with, too much power..

Not patting myself on the back at all. Just poinitng out the differance in people, thats all. Waiting on him to kick the bucket, don't think so. I hope he and her both lived to be a hundred.

No fear though ole boy I get people like you in the door too, the so called know it all pro user. Thats when the fun really begins. I get a kick out of you guys.

I'm not a pro . With your ego I bet you have fun with everyone ;) Right

I'm not a pro . With your ego I bet you have fun with everyone ;) Right

What, I thought you run saws for a living. Ego , not really. Know what I'm talking about, yes. Fun with everyone, I sure do try to have fun with everyone. That keeps em coming back man. Hell who wants to deal with some ole sour puss bast-ard thats grumpy as hell. Wait a minute, thats me at 8am. By 8.30 I'm ready to have fun the rest of the day, no wonder no one comes in before 8.30,LOLOLOL

Last edited:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2SlwV7mtsmw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2SlwV7mtsmw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

It takes you a half hour to do your hair ? Well I suppose since you go for the Elvis look . :)

Haha, nope. Take me about a 1/2 hour to get down a morning pepsi, clean up the place alittle bit and then its rock and roll time. Same routine every morning...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2SlwV7mtsmw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2SlwV7mtsmw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Like that song doncha, was No.1 for awhile about 38 years ago. Hey I'm going to send you a voice mail, check your phone, your gonna die laffing, its Dougie coming to ya baby,haha

I got a 16gig memory card. I'm not sure how big a file you can load on YouTube but hey I'm game. Course Fish may get heated up looking at my beautifull elbows for 30 minutes, :hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Didn't think there was a limit, the biggest I've put on there is abou 100mb, you can compress after if you need, YouTube does that anyway after uploading. Give'r a go!!

I'm not sure how pleased I would be about this were it my saw. If I drop off a truck at the dealer to get a tune up, and he puts a new set of tires on it because mine were worn then sticks me with a bill, I'd be pissed. Perhaps I would have shown the customer his worn bar and chain , THEN offer him a new one and let him decide if he wants to spend the money there. Just my $0.02

:)

:agree2: My local Stihl dealer is much, much more professional than that. If he tried that kind of nonsense on me, I would have taken the B&C off myself, right there on his counter, given him the carb money and gone somewhere else to get a new B&C of MY choosing. And I would have never gone back to that counter again. My saw = my decision. If you work on my saw, you do what I tell you to do, and nothing else without my permission. Otherwise, you don't get my business. Just my 2c. And if you ever talked about my "lil wifey," I'd flatten your azz before you knew what hit you. In Montana, we don't pull that stuff ... we shoot straight.

That story reminds me why I ALWAYS work on my own vehicles, house, saw, woodstove, whatever. I'd rather spend my money on tools and do it right.

And it also reminds me why I NEVER send in my wife to do a man's job. ;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back