Just got home with my new 346xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Selling them to get rid of them hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Lot of talk about porting here. I ported my old (45cc) one and love it. Little beast is wicked! But it cut a hell of a lot of firewood in the 9-10 years before it got ported and did just fine !

I've run my newest 346xp stock for the last 2 years and am happy with the performance. Plan was to port the hell out of it right out of the box, but it just didn't happen. I thinking now it'll just get a muff mod, but I'm really in no hurry to do that.

Point is, the 346xp is just a great saw that responses very well to mods. But is also very good left stock... :msp_smile:

Edit to add: The new one was a dog right out of the box! Was really weak! Almost didn't keep it! It took over 10 tanks to wake up and become a keeper.

Last edited:
Congrats on the saw, Mine woke up after about 5 tanks of gas. It is a great little saw, I paired mine with a 16" bar and it is a sweet, light little powerhouse. Enjoy!

Selling them to get rid of them hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

That's what he told me , said everyone is buying the 550's . Up in the air myself right now on which one I want , need to replace a dolmar 5100 that ate a crank .

For me I didn't even consider the 550 I'm sure it's a awesome saw but not proven like the 346

I have been running my new 346 for a couple days now very impressed for a 50cc saw. Paired with my 390 I should have a pretty good set up for what ever I'm doing

I swapped my 576xp autotune for my 390 I'm in love with my 390 its going nowhere

I swapped my 576xp autotune for my 390 I'm in love with my 390 its going nowhere

Not to railroad thread but,

What didn't you like about the 576xp? Im on the fence on what to get. 461 or 441, 372 or 576 uggggh! I keep hearing ppl being negative about the technology/epa regs in all the new equipment but local dealers tell me all the negative I hear isn't correct.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

LOL; you have to laugh out loud about some of the post in this thread

OP not you :msp_wink:

Not to railroad thread but,

What didn't you like about the 576xp? Im on the fence on what to get. 461 or 441, 372 or 576 uggggh! I keep hearing ppl being negative about the technology/epa regs in all the new equipment but local dealers tell me all the negative I hear isn't correct.

The 441, 576 and 461 all are first generation strato saws, and "pay" a weight and bulk penalty for that. That doesn't mean they are bad saws, but it obviously is possible to make something better!

Back