Just picked up a Husqvarna 50 and I’m pretty stoked!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsmith717

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I picked up this old girl from its original owner. Other than leaking a bit of bar oil I think she’s in really great condition. I believe the original bar came with it too. I’ll try to take a pic in a bit it looks like it says “made in Scandinavia” or something like that etched on it. Pretty cool.

I have a fairly decent knowledge concerning small engine repairs/modifications but with a saw of this age there’s not a ton of ideas for things to do that would keep it as reliable as it is now but also help with performance.

Any ideas or just discussion pertaining to the saw would be much appreciated!

I also can’t figure out when it was manufactured. I’m sure there’s a legend somewhere I just can’t find it. Maybe I’ll email Husqvarna and see what they say.
70509975756__A658349C-6F73-4B87-A81A-12A38F9440DB.jpegIMG_0898.jpeg

the 49th week of 1987
they all leaked a lot of oil. Have to leave tank empty when stored

the 49th week of 1987
they all leaked a lot of oil. Have to leave tank empty when stored

This I have already noticed. 😳

Thank you for the info too.

It doesn’t have too much power but it sure does start easy. I’d like to look at the ports/transfers and see if any smoothing or matching would be worthwhile.

I have no concerns about the compression but I will test when I get home more than likely. I reckon 140-150 would be acceptable?

I do not believe there is anything wrong with the saw so to speak. Only that it is 37 years old and should be able to benefit from one of the many “easy” mods routinely performed by enthusiasts like myself. 🙂

I like chainsaws.

Back