just showing off

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

371groundie

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
finnaly got a digital camera figured out, and a photo bucket, so heres my toys!

the skiddin machine
S3010002-1.jpg

S3010013.jpg

now if only the wood markets would open up so i can make some money with my toys.

Nice. ya got a winch on that rig or are ya flat towin it all out. I know what ya mean we cant sell a stick of wood right now. the markets are kinda scary right now.

I DIDNT GET A PICTURE OF THE WINCH! oops. i guess thats an excuse to go back to the woods tomorow, and i might as well cut some while im there.

Slick set up. Whats the JD running for HP? 4wd? That would be great for low impact logging.

I wonder why they don'y buy timber in some parts of the country but they do in others. They are still buy timber around here. Tie (sp) logs are bringing 260-280 a thousand. Saw logs are 170-200 a thousand. Grade timber is down but everything else is around the same.

Is that a Farmi on the back of your tractor? I just bought one. I bought a 601. Now I need a tractor to use it.

Scott

thats 40 horses with 4 paw scratch. theres little things that id like to be different, but it does its job. that is a farmi 351p. i added another slider to the three that came with it. and i carry a choker chain that has a grab hook on one end. if i get a log to big around i use it for an extension for the other chains. i dont often have to pull 5 stems (four sliders and one in the hook on the end of the cable) but it does happen.

in related news i forgot to take pictures today, when i remember to take them i will resurect the thread and post them.

I just bought a 601 because it was a good deal. There is only one problem. I don't have a tractor. I guess that is my next step.

Scott

thats a hell of a winch. i ran one that was hooked to an 80 horse new holland. it was almost as good as a skidder. i only did one houselot with it, so i didnt get a chance to really test its metal, but it was a good rig. are you buyin a new tractor or a used?

It will have to be used. I can't afford something in the 80hp range new. I would love to find a good 4020 but they bring a lot.

Scott

Latest posts

Back