Just some pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like olddirty says, wear your steel toes [not plastic or carbon either]. If you're running saws, the 1st thing you'll cut is your left knee or your left foot. Husqvarna once sold an arborist boot thru Sherrills about 7yrs ago. Arbor Master Training is sponsored by Husqvarna and all their instructors wore these fancy boots. Only trouble was these boots had plastic toe protection not steel. In 2001 I took a chainsaw course through Arbor Master and both instructors had the plastic toe boots .Here they were running saws without the proper footwear. I brought it up to them in front of the class.You could hear a pin drop, pretty embarrasing for them. The next year Sherrill no longer sold the boots.

I wear iron worker boots. 8" tops for good support, soft white flat soles with good traction ,great for rope footlocking and a steel toe and [ steel arch great for spikes.]These boots are very light and the soft gummy sole designed for walking on narrow steel girders is equally as good walking on round limbs. Lacing goes down to the toe for extra foot support and extra traction for the rope in footlocking. I can't think of a more skilled dangerous job then a ironworker walking on a 6 inch wide steel beam 400 feet off the ground day in, day out. I feel comfortable in their boots. Trust me they are the only boots to wear.

can you go a little deeper into this one for me?

Yeah, we have never done a removal with a crane, and have never walked away from a job or chance to bid a sketchy job. We have had jobs no one else around here would do, a crane would have been nice, but we did it anyway. Big stuff leaning over houses and such. I didn't even know trees were done with cranes until I saw it on the internet, but I always thought it was a logical choice in some circumstances. Lots of time in the tree and lots of big rigging, sometimes two climbers.

Lots of time in the tree and lots of big rigging, sometimes two climbers.

sure man. twp and i were rockn in a norway in the backyard wednesday. no equipment access at all. i was in that prick for almost 6 hours total. (had to go back this afternoon to put the log on the ground) we rigged the tits out of that thing. lol

imagine that same tree over the house but with crane access. everything goes fine maybe 2 hours in the tree, there was a lot of brush.

cranes make the tough ones easy. all day.

Latest posts

Back