Just won this Stihl in an auction... what is it??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SEAM

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Just won this little Stihl in an auction. The seller didn't know what he had :cool:
What is it - 066 or 064 ??

haruhanabe1223-img600x450-1415176925bqvb4q29335.jpg

haruhanabe1223-img600x450-1415176924odhfj929335.jpg

whats the muffler look like? I've never seen a red-light 064. Not saying they didn't make one, but I've never seen one.

Actually paid 80 bucks for it, supposedly has good compression... may need some parts, but I have some already that should fit.
Btw: The air filter should be stock - looks somewhat like the one on my stock 064. I'll know more when it arrives here.

That filter actually looks like a redneck paste on job. Glad I'm not rebuilding this thing.

Nah I've seen 064's with that filter setup.
I wouldn't mind rebuilding that. One of the easiest saws to work on IMO.

AFAIK, there never was an 064 with an actual red light. However, there were some that had the same CDIC rev limited coil.
Are the CDIC saws the ones with this label on the air filter? Mine used to have that. (Here's a pic, but not my saw).
image.jpg
Depending on the case configuration, if the 064 has three mounting bosses for the coil, you can substitute the CDIC coil for a three legged 046 coil, using the top and bottom holes and it will run just fine. Had one set up like that for a while. No issues...

Back