Keep them saws clean, how?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These guys watch the shop for me.

attachment.php

Ya won't believe their names,lol. They've yet to let a customer out the door without paying,,:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Last edited:
04ultra said:
My HT got a good work out on the storm damage Monday..Cell is always on..

Cool, I had to use mine after work to zipped off a few dead limbs for a friend of mine. Handy machine, no doubt about it.

Ultra if your gonna cut rocks, get one of these

attachment.php

The chain on it only runs $357.00 a piece. It will cut rock, brick, metal and most anything. Thats the saw the fire companies use.

Last edited:
More Cuda baths

attachment.php

Ultra when these saws came in they were awful. The Cuda has become
a big hit in town. I've put over 40 saws in it in the last couple
of months. All shops should get one, people will pay to getem cleaned,
trust me I know...

Last edited:
One I forget

attachment.php

This eagle was widdled out of a block of wood by one
of the big dogs down at Mid-Atlantic Stihl. It
sits in the main building as a show piece. Up
close he really did do some fine detail work on that
bird. The only thing left of the Indian is his arrow,
thats whats in his claws...

Last edited:
04ultra said:
attachment.php

I can see my dirty saws but that shop needs a good cleaning..LOL

Grrrrrrrrrrr that dirt ya see on the floor came off your nasty ole 3120 saw. It was still dripping when I brought it out the cleaner room. Glad you spotted that though, ya bill just went up. Bad enough I allow your Husky in my cleaner but to dirty up my floor, you gots to payyyyyyyyyyyyyy,lol

Freakingstang said:
Is that an 07S under the bench?

Stang that ole saw your looking at is a real old David Bradley saw. Interesting story behind it. Feller gave me that saw. Said it belonged to his now dead brother. He said "my brother always told me never get rid of my saw, now that he's gone I want you to have it". I was kinda flattered. I told him I would put it on the shelf for everyone to see and it made his day and he said "my brother would have really like that". So there she sits. He claims it runs too but I'll never start it, its just a memory piece for a man long gone....

Last edited:
THALL10326 said:
Sendem on ole boy but I gotta tell ya. I'm a Stihl man Ultra even though Husky's are cool with me as well, well almost,lol,looK,haha
attachment.php

You burying that Hatchet or....

Hmmm, looks like a Stihl Tomahawk buried in that there Husky... :hmm3grin2orange:

Lakeside53 said:
You burying that Hatchet or....

Hmmm, looks like a Stihl Tomahawk buried in that there Husky... :hmm3grin2orange:

Lake I was gonna take the top cover off that big saw and make it look like I buried it in it but I thought Ultra may have a heart attack.,lololol. Ya know that saw is a horse, daymm that baby is big. The tomahawk, hatchet or whatever ya wanna call it was just a gag to make Ultra think I was beating up his saw. The thing came out looking good and runs great, good find there Ultra, real good find indeed.

I bought 2 of the 3120's going to give one to my brother..As soon as THALL gets them back to me..

Just cant have enough saws..Andy I still need you to keep your eyes open for the other saws I'm looking for ..THX

04ultra said:
I bought 2 of the 3120's going to give one to my brother..As soon as THALL gets them back to me..

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr ya should never rush a Stihl man working on your Huskies, who knows I may slip a hatchet in it,lololol

Lakeside53 said:
Nice milling saw? only until you find that 880 you've been seaching for!!:buttkick: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

Funny you say that Lake. I got one customer, big time tree man that has a 3120. He too says its going as soon as he finds enough spending change in his pocket for a new 880. I asked him where was he gonna buy it and he said off me. I think when I order his I'm gonna order mine too cause you having one and me not just makes me go grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

I'm curious....you talk like the cleaner is yours....is that cleaning machine yours Thall or your employers?

And I can't believe anyone would pay to ship a saw just to have it run thru an overpriced dishwasher. My opinion just dropped of anyone too lazy to clean their own saw(s) up after using them.

To me that's part of owning a saw....cleaning them up after using them, which also gives you an opportunity to check them over and make sure everything is OK for the next time you run them.

Oh well, to each his own.

stihlatit said:
Hey Thall washing that foreign saw has you tainted for life.

Naaaaaaaaaaaa Arnie , shoot I got no bones with brands, will work on any of them. Thought I'd have some fun with Ulta though. I sent him a package today and he had the nerve to tell me it was delivered by that UPS gal, so I hads to get him,lolol

coveredinsap said:
I'm curious....you talk like the cleaner is yours....is that cleaning machine yours Thall or your employers?

And I can't believe anyone would pay to ship a saw just to have it run thru an overpriced dishwasher. My opinion just dropped of anyone too lazy to clean their own saw(s) up after using them.

To me that's part of owning a saw....cleaning them up after using them, which also gives you an opportunity to check them over and make sure everything is OK for the next time you run them.

Oh well, to each his own.

Sap I'm just a "simple employee", shoot don't you know that. Got a short memory or something Sap? Anyway yes many people come to see me and get their work done by a "professional". I know it probly sucks for you to see I got no bones with brands like you do but I guess when you do it for a living verses just running your yak it makes a differance. So Sap you want your Husky cleaned up, send it on over, be happy to clean it up for you, whatcha say???

I think I just heard sap on his old kick about someone being an employee... Some guys never learn...

Edit: Thall, you beat me to it, but said it better.

Edit again...

Hey sap, some people are NOT employees 'cos they are not the right material... And that's my opinion, not bait. As for your dirty saws, you have to use them [out of your back yard] to get them dirty..

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back