Keep them saws clean, how?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
THALL10326 said:
Sap I'm just a "simple employee", shoot don't you know that. Got a short memory or something Sap? Anyway yes many people come to see me and get their work done by a "professional". I know it probly sucks for you to see I got no bones with brands like you do but I guess when you do it for a living verses just running your yak it makes a differance. So Sap you want your Husky cleaned up, send it on over, be happy to clean it up for you, whatcha say???

Maybe you should reread my previous post to find out what I think of people who can't even clean their own saws after use.

I used both the Mac 250 and the Alpina on the liquidambar stump today. And you know what I did when I was finished? I took the time to clean them both up so they're ready for tomorrow's cutting.

Oh, and if you would stop talking like you own the shop and all it's toys, then I wouldn't have to keep asking if the stuff is yours or not. For instance, stop calling the saw cleaner 'yours'. It aint.

Lakeside53 said:
I think I just heard sap on his old kick about someone being an employee... Some guys never learn...

Edit: Thall, you beat me to it, but said it better.

Awwwwwwww it ok, in my customers eyes I'm almost god like. Ya know I remember Bill Clinton saying one nite he had to get back to work for the American people, a employee so to speak. So if he was nothing more than a employee for the Amercain people then by Joe I reckon its a good thing to be a employee. Those that don't know all work is honorable have issues well beyond help but what the heck, takes all kinds in this world......................

Last edited:
THALL10326 said:
Naaaaaaaaaaaa Arnie , shoot I got no bones with brands, will work on any of them. Thought I'd have some fun with Ulta though. I sent him a package today and he had the nerve to tell me it was delivered by that UPS gal, so I hads to get him,lolol

I will have to send you my wild thing if you will wash anything. LOL.

yeah,.,, and soft hand need clean saws. Sap, you may be an exceptional saw cleaner, but that doesn't make you better then anyone else... The only reason you bring this up to to stir the pot..

coveredinsap said:
Maybe you should reread my previous post to find out what I think of people who can't even clean their own saws after use.

I used both the Mac 250 and the Alpina on the liquidambar stump today. And you know what I did when I was finished? I took the time to clean them both up so they're ready for tomorrow's cutting.

Am I suppose to be impressed? You used your saws today, ok, so, good for you. I hope they worked great for you. Since you cleaned them up yourself I reckon you don't want me to clean them, thats cool. Even so though I leave open the offer to ya, cause you know when done by the Cuda the saw is cleaned well beyond anything you can do with your hands but thats your choice....

stihlatit said:
ALSO AN EMPLOYEE AND LIKE IT THAT WAY.

High 5 Arnie. Everyone works for someone no matter what they claim to be. Nobody forks out money to anyone for nothing, some work has to be performed. Some just look at it a different way I reckon.

stihlatit said:
Mr. Coveredinsap could you please post a picture of your CLEAN saw. Thx.

He used two today.. How many does it take to cut one stump"? Just one cut will do it, with the right saw.

THALL10326 said:
Am I suppose to be impressed? You used your saws today, ok, so, good for you. I hope they worked great for you. Since you cleaned them up yourself I reckon you don't want me to clean them, thats cool. Even so though I leave open the offer to ya, cause you know when done by the Cuda the saw is cleaned well beyond anything you can do with your hands but thats your choice....

LOL! Be what you want. The point is.... I wouldn't take my saws in to get 'cleaned' if the shop was here in town, let alone send them away. Sorry.

coveredinsap said:
LOL! Be what you want. The point is.... I wouldn't take my saws in to get 'cleaned' if the shop was here in town, let alone send them away. Sorry.

Then why would you be posting on this thread as THall started it in regards to cleaning saws. Are you here to cause trouble. Your posts seem as if they are headed that way. Yes or no will do.

coveredinsap said:

Well Sap thats fine. Thats your choice, cool. Alot of saw users do and I surely hope you don't mind them bringing them in to get them cleaned, I mean hell its their choice, true?

You wanna be a do it yourself guy thats fine. Not knocking you over that..

stihlatit said:
Then why would you be posting on this thread as THall started it in regards to cleaning saws. Are you here to cause trouble. Your posts seem as if they are headed that way. Yes or no will do.

No no Arnie, Sap isn't here to cause trouble at all. He's like to state his opinion and thats fine. He has every right to and as long as its not nasty or anything he's welcomed. Shoot he and me done been to jail over that non-sense once, he snores too loud for us to go again and couda swore when we were playing cards between the bars he was slipping cards in his pocket. Sap was you cheating in cards, you won every dayumm game?????

THALL10326 said:
No no Arnie, Sap isn't here to cause trouble at all. He's like to state his opinion and thats fine. He has every right to and as long as its not nasty or anything he's welcomed. Shoot he and me done been to jail over that non-sense once, he snores too loud for us to go again and couda swore when we were playing cards between the bars he was slipping cards in his pocket. Sap was you cheating in cards, you won every dayumm game?????

You mean he sounds like a chainsaw.....what kind LOL.

Sendem on Tree

Sendem on up Tree, send me all you got. Your money is good as anyone's...

coveredinsap said:

You have no idea... it not an face cloth wash... It gets every part super clean... ever looked inside the covers of a MS200T? Why do I ask.... The recoil and cylinder fins will be packed and a clean with the likes of a Cuda will reduce the internal temperatures significantly. You could pay me $60 to use a screwdriver, brush, cleaner etc - let's say one hour plus 'cos I have to take it all apart and put it back together, or, $25 for the Cuda. Did you take the covers off you relics to clean them, or just wipe of the parts you can see...???

I just took 4 saws up to something similar to a Cuda.. not my saws, but saws that needed a bath 10 years ago, and now they get rebuilt like new. I won't work on filthy saws without some cleaning first, but then as you aren't an employee, you have the choice not to work on anything. Ever seen a car repair garage WITHOUT a parts cleaner? Do you clean the engine of your car before it goes into the shop?

As for you being vastly superior to guys that don't clean their saws after every use.. I have about 500 customers that would like to talk to you. I see MAYBE one saw a week that's even marginally "clean? Most are thick with junk on the insides.. they are saws after all...

Either you don't think before you speak (quite possible), or, you are just stirring and baiting, yet again..

TreeCo said:
Thall do you know anything about the USG square grind attachment?

I've had mine for 15 years but there is a guy that's on here sometimes that has a USG and wants one real bad.

Mine could use a good cleaning!

I just went though this on my USG (Yes, Sap, it is MINE).

There isn't one... There WAS once a device to sharpen what Stihl called Scratcher blades, and it was similar, but it didln't work for beans on square and they don't sell it any more.

TreeCo said:
Thall do you know anything about the USG square grind attachment?

I've had mine for 15 years but there is a guy that's on here sometimes that has a USG and wants one real bad.

Mine could use a good cleaning!
Tree are you saying he wants to buy one or is just wanting to know how to use one? If he wants one all he has to do is buy it.

Your saws need a good cleaning, cool, how many Stilhs have you got now Tree? I saw you say over in another forum you use only Stihl so how many Stihls have you got??

Lakeside53 said:
I just went though this on my USG (Yes, Sap, it is MINE).

There isn't one... There WAS once a device to sharpen what Stihl called Scratcher blades, and it was similar, but it didln't work for beans on square and they don't sell it any more.

lolol, Lake you ruined my post, lolol

Back