Keep your hands to yourself!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Paul Sanborn

Above average climber
Reaction score
Man reaches for 'tick' but grabs buttocks, police say
By JACQUELINE SEIBEL
[email protected]

Posted: Nov. 9, 2006

Waukesha - Police in Waukesha and Milwaukee counties are looking for a man accused of telling women they have a tick on them, then grabbing them in the buttocks, and sometimes trying to pull their pants down, police said.

The man struck at three places in Waukesha, two in Muskego, and at least one in Franklin and Hales Corners, police said. He favors places where a female, age 17 to 30, is working alone, such as tanning salons and small retail establishments.

"We've got a good lead on a suspect," said Muskego Police Sgt. Craig Simuncak. The man operates a truck with the name of a tree service written in yellow or gold letters on the side of the vehicle. One woman said the man was also wearing a jacket with the business' name.

The women describe the man as white, between 45 and 55 years old, about 6 feet tall, and unshaven with gray hair.

In Muskego, the man entered GNC, W189-S7823 Racine Ave., and Sundeck tanning salon, S74-W17061 Janesville Road, between 4:30 and 5 p.m., Monday, Simuncak said. He approached the women working at the businesses and told them there was a tick on them and it was moving to their backside. In one case, the man grabbed the woman's belt loop and attempted to look down her pants, he said.

In Waukesha, the man is accused of entering Sunset Tan, 143 E. Sunset Drive, at about 5:30 p.m., Monday and approaching the female employee, said Capt. Mike Babe. He tried to pull down the woman's pants, telling her that there was a tick in her pants. She stopped him and he left.

Then, he entered Carriage Cleaners, 145 E. Sunset Drive, which is adjacent to the tanning salon, Babe said. He tried to coax the female employee into the bathroom, touched her buttocks and told her that there was a tick in her pants. The woman stopped him and he left.

The man is also accused of entering Paradise Tan, 2140 W. St. Paul Ave., in Waukesha and telling the female employee that there was a tick on her backside. She ran to the bathroom and took off her clothes, attempting to find the insect. When she exited the bathroom, the man was waiting right at the door, Babe said. Police learned of this incident on Tuesday but it occurred about 3 p.m., on Oct. 30.

A similar incident occurred on Aug. 14 in Franklin, said Capt. Clark Groen.

A woman, 30, was walking about 1:15 p.m. near S. 116th St. and Rhoder Ave., when a man driving a truck with the name of a tree service business on the side and towing a trailer, pulled alongside her. The man got out of the truck, leaving the door open, and asked the woman for directions, Groen said.

He then told the woman that there was a tick on her back. She attempted to brush it away, but he said it was lower and asked her if he could brush it off for her. He then said the tick moved down into the back of her shorts and he motioned for her to get into his truck so she would have privacy in removing the tick. She said no and walked away.

Groen said the woman did not want to file a complaint but wanted police to be aware of the incident. The man never touched the woman, she just felt it was odd, he said.

"It's pretty strange," Groen said.

A Franklin officer attempted to locate the tree service business but could not find a listing for it, Groen said.

A female employee was approached by a man at a tanning salon on Monday in Hales Corners, said Lt. Steve Murphy, adding that the incident is similar to what occurred in Waukesha, Muskego, and Franklin.

When caught, the man could be charged with fourth-degree sexual assault or disorderly conduct, police said.Tick 'finder' faces assault charges

By JACQUELINE SEIBEL
[email protected]
Posted: Feb. 6, 2007

11/10/06: Man reaches for 'tick' but grabs buttocks, police say

Waukesha - Criminal charges were filed Tuesday against a man accused of telling females they had a tick on them, touching their buttocks and in some cases, pulling their pants down, a criminal complaint says.

Michael F. Knurr, 39, faces five counts of fourth-degree sexual assault for incidents that occurred last year from June to November in Muskego, New Berlin and Waukesha. The Town of Mukwonago man is the co-owner of a tree service company and is accused of twice assaulting potential customers.

Knurr will make his initial court appearance in Waukesha County Circuit Court on Feb. 26. The maximum penalty for conviction on each misdemeanor count is nine months in jail and a $10,000 fine.

In one case, according to the criminal complaint:

A New Berlin woman, 32, called Knurr for an estimate to remove a tree. While they were walking, Knurr told the woman about the "tick." She told him to get it off and pulled her shorts down slightly.She felt a pinch on her left buttock. He said, "I got it." She looked at his hand and didn't see a tick.

Looks like this guy got the TICKet in the END!!:clap:

Honest folks, I think my posts are being influenced by the avatar!

they should be ok with that in Racine.

they will just blame it on his troubled childhood and look the other way.

Cheeky bugger!..original though...makes us all look like sex fiends...not without my harness and PPE !! LOL

I have always used the ole, "look out a mosquito", then come down with hand to give a nice smack on the glutomus maxamus. Just love the women.:heart: :hmm3grin2orange: :biggrinbounce2: ;)

Just love the women.

Well....wife or GF is one thing, but a prospective costomer?

I'm suprised they did not give the company name, I've never heard of the guy though.

One of the companies I worked for allways said to be on your best behavior when with the rolling billboard that is your truck.

So true, John Paul,Look but never touch..eye candy pops up everywhere....but it's there to look at, and only touch after invitation out of uniform and not representing your company...keep it clean boys...nothing worse than getting a reputation being a dirty old F###K.

Looking can get you in trouble sometimes too, do it in a maner you would put up with if it were your daughter.

One time I lost an usell on a job because I was unable to....ummmm...maintain eye contact...

Light cotton shirt....

IMO we should be respectfull when on another persons property. I laid into some guys once when they could not get it through their head that they should not be talkinng about the XXX movie they saw the night before...right outside the little old ladies open window

keep hands off

Yeah that happened twice the other way around for me
once in front of my fiance. I don't know what gets in to women
but they seem to want to touch and flirt with me on the job.
I have been seduced, asked in, winked at, and even point blank
asked for sex. I have been a good boy mostly, and don't understand
how a man sweaty and covered in saw dust turns them on ?
But friend it happens to me a lot, I even had a homo try to
film me and ask If I would climb in shorts for more money and
let him video! I told him his proposal offended me and I was
there to do a job not be video tapped. Ok laugh my friends
here roll on the floor about that job and if it didn't happen to me
it would be funny as h///l !!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I hear ya Ropensaddle,
This happens to us as well, Me i'm older so gals seem to like touching me to, a classic is when you shake their hand they turn your arm upside down and run their hand up to your near on your elbow and look into your eyes,makes me jump back, although this does not happen all the time it does go on, makes me a tad nervous as I'm a married man and how much can a koala bear,my son John being in his prime with blonde hair and blue eyes well he doesn't need to know of the comments the ladies make about his package and so on while he's in his harness. Its nice to have the attraction,but to act on this..they say the moral man will but the ethical man won't....but we all know what happens when the little end takes over the big end!!...for most of us were really only 6" away from divorce at any time in our lives. But as John Paul says treat them all like you would expect them to respect your house if they came to work there,its hard sometimes but you just have to deal with it respectfully.

Well put JayD. I have a few customers who could care less about how their property is taken care of.............................good to be single though.:cheers:

Just make sure you hook your boy up with a woman who can keep him in the manner to which he is accustomed;)

Back