Keeping my fingers crossed :)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave_dj1

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
One of my new plowing customers has a logger on her property. She and I were talking today and I mentioned that I burn wood and I would be happy to clean up the tops. She said she would mention it to the logger and that as far as she is concerned it's ok for me to get them. Now her property is less than a 1/4 mile from my house:)
Soooo, I will be checking in on the logger either in the morning or Monday morning and see what there intentions are.
Wish me luck,
dave

good luck dave.hope ya get it. maybe a free plow job for the landowner would ice the cake.
my neighbor just across the street just told me there would be people in and out of his place the next couple of weeks. seems he has put out a contract on his timber and loggers will be bidding on it. can you see the drool?

Well I talked to the logger yesterday and he said he would make sure I had some wood. He's going to take some firewood but not a lot and since it's a tight spot and I do the plowing he would be sure and drag me down some tops! Now if the weather would just cooperate. Too cold to spend much time outside anyway. :)
dave

OK, a little update. I went to talk to the lady the other day and she wanted to barter the logs for plowing which normally I wouldn't have a problem with doing. She kind of caught me off guard with that and I told her as luck would have it I have more than I can handle from my buddies place. In fact he just called me to tell me we will be taking down a few more trees tomorrow:)
If you've been following my other thread titled "a couple loads today" you will see that I have brought home about 9 dump trailer loads and two pickup loads as well as got two loads for my brother.
I'm in high cotton now! :)
dave

Offering up a prayer for you to have good luck, and that you return without harm or injury. Peace be with you...

An update, I spoke with the lady and the logger today. There is a fair amount of "logs" on the landing that need cleaning up/ Logger says to take it all, she is fine with that and that I pay her the going rate of 10.00 per cord. Done deal, got the processor and tractor down there today and cut/split a dump trailer load. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to get a few logs skidded down to the processor and have them ready when my brother snows up to help, I share my finds with him. We use my equipment and let him take a load home for every load I get. It's so much easier with two people and sometimes he brings his girlfriend, she's a great worker!
If I can remember I'll take some pics tomorrow. I do have to leave at noon so I may not have time.
Thanks for the well wishes :)
dave

OK, time for an update, WITH PICS! LOL
I agreed to pay her for the wood and take it off my plow bill, she suggested that.
I hired a log truck with picker to organize the pile, it was a mess and unfortunately I didn't get any before pics.
It was a wise decision as now it's easy to buck and split. I have already taken three dump trailer loads and two pick up loads before the pictures were taken and before it was stacked.
Nice amount of red oak, white oak, some hard maple, ash and hickory. All in all a great score I think all things considered.

PS, no pics of said girlfriend!

OK, time for an update, WITH PICS! LOL
I agreed to pay her for the wood and take it off my plow bill, she suggested that.
I hired a log truck with picker to organize the pile, it was a mess and unfortunately I didn't get any before pics.
It was a wise decision as now it's easy to buck and split. I have already taken three dump trailer loads and two pick up loads before the pictures were taken and before it was stacked.
Nice amount of red oak, white oak, some hard maple, ash and hickory. All in all a great score I think all things considered.

PS, no pics of said girlfriend!
Super! What kind of wood is this?

Latest posts

Back