Keeping wood out of the snow

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NDtreehugger

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Good wood sheds and there location

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Yikes! Looks like you have WAY too much snow still. Looks like a great setup for your firewood! It's a nice feeling knowing that next years wood is ready to go.

How long will the four cord last you?

Wow! Looks like it did around Fargo until this last warm snap...now if the snow in the MN lakes country would drop a little, I could get my truck to the trees!

So how's it going in Minot? Lived there for four years, loved every minute of it. Talked with a friend that lives south of town, down from the Pour Farm about 5 miles, east of 83 last night. Said he's got more snow than he's ever seen. The good news is that it's been extremely cold this year, too. :confused: Uff-da. He said it's been hard to run the bird dog, other than around in the driveway. Glad to see you're prepared for keeping warm.

We finally got a warm spell last week and melted most of what we had, allowing us to take down some of the dead ash trees for next season's burn. Note to self: Don't cut down 6 trees if your back is only capable of bucking, trimming, moving, stalking, etc. 2 trees in one day. Ouch! As my pharmacist cousin preaches, " Better living thru Chemistry".

Hope the deer & pheasants numbers aren't hit too hard with the winter you've had.

I've always had a lot of respect for the Dakotans/Minnesotans. I've always thought, boy as cold as it gets here, it's colder over there. Except this year. Can't remember a winter recently where we've had such a combination of moisture and below-zero temps.

Latest posts

Back