Kentucky Wood Expo

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Haywire Haywood

Fiscal Conservative Social Retard
Reaction score
There's a show in London Kentucky called the Wood Expo that is going to be held Sept 22. There will be a 4 cube and under and 4 and over hot saw and stock saw event, along with chopping, crosscut and Axe throw. I don't have all the details yet, but will post them when I find out. From the pics there, it appears that Stihl is the main sponsor.

Here's the page for the expo, but I didn't see much detailed info there. Wood Expo

Ian

You going to run your 372 at the show, or won't you have it back by then?

I might if it's back and broken in. I'm told it's a small show, so it would be a good place to play around without the big boys there. There's a big show in Tenn the same day so the competition there may not be so stiff.

Ian

don't forget you guys in the NE.or anywhere for that matter.

the tree industry expo is in hartford CT at the convention center Nov. 8-10

You going to run your 372 at the show, or won't you have it back by then?

On second thought, after reading how the classes are divided up, I'll just be a spectator. My 'little' 372 would be lumped in with any modded 660, 395, 880, or 3120 that happens to show up. No point in wasting the gas or oil, even if I was a seasoned competitor with mad saw skills and lightning reflexes (which I'm not and don't btw). It'll be fun to watch in any case.

Ian

Last edited:
Only one way to learn Ian, enter and give it a try.
I been running my 084 muffler gas saw in the piped hotsaws classes running alky/nitro , just for learning experience of cold starts, yes I get my azz handed to me, but its not about winning, it's about having fun and hanging out with friends and making new friends.

I been running my 084 muffler gas saw in the piped hotsaws classes running alky/nitro , just for learning experience of cold starts, yes I get my azz handed to me, but its not about winning, it's about having fun and hanging out with friends and making new friends.

Are you and the gang gonna try and make it to this event Cut4fun?

Nah, I got too much pride to go knowing that I will be playing caboose. I don't mind losing, but I'd rather not play than be last. The first thing I do when I buy a new computer game is download the cheat codes... LOL

Ian

Are you and the gang gonna try and make it to this event Cut4fun?
Right now we are all trying to get it together to go to the WV event on Aug 25th. Hey Tom and Hoss this one is pretty close to you guys over in the WV panhandle.

Will have to see what the future holds later for the Sept KY event. Right now I am working on trying to go to the bigger KY event in Murray in Oct. I think its about to 9-10 hour drive for me to that one. But they have alot of classes I can run and get my azz handed to me in, 3ci,4ci,5ci,6ci+ stock appearing and then open hotsaw, axe throw. :biggrinbounce2:

Hampshire Lumberjack Competition-Augusta, WV

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To all those interested in competing or watching...
Here is the entry and cover pages for the show. It is going to have some real good competitors attending...a few Stihl Series guys....
Looking for a good crowd!! Hope to see some of you AS guys there...

The Hampshire County Fair Proudly Presents the
First Annual Lumberjack Championship

Date: Saturday, August 25, 2007
Where: Augusta, WV-Hampshire County Fairgrounds
Time: Registration: 12:00 PM, events beginning at 1:00 PM

Entry Deadline: To enter competition, please mail entry form and check payable to
“Hampshire County Fair”-mail to Brent Combs, Route 1 Box 92,
Paw Paw, WV 25434. Entry forms received by August 11, 2007 will be
Guaranteed blocks for the competition.

Entry Fees: $5:00 per event

Prize Money

1st 2nd 3rd 4th 5th

Two-man Crosscut $200 $130 $80 $30 $20
Jack & Jill Crosscut $200 $130 $80 $30 $20
Underhand Chop $100 $65 $40 $15 $10
Standing Block $100 $65 $40 $15 $10
Women’s Underhand $75 $45 $30 $15 $10
Hot Saw $100 $65 $40 $15 $10
Stock Saw $75 $45 $30 $15 $10
Obstacle Pole $100 $65 $40 $15 $10
Axe Throw $75 $45 $30 $15 $10

Direction: Take Ford Hill Rd. directly off Rt. 50 in Augusta. Travel 150 yds, turn left to Fairgrouds Rd. Competitors use second entrance on right to fairgrounds. Take next left through parking lot down hill to competition area.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact Brent Combs at [email protected]
Hampshire County Fair
First Annual Lumberjack Championships
Augusta, WV
Saturday, August 25, 2007
Event Begins at 1:00 PM

Please mail or email entry form to Brent Combs
By August 11, 2007 to register.

EVENTS Entry Fee: $ 5.00 per person per event

_____ UNDERHAND CHOP
_____ STANDING BLOCK
_____ TWO-MAN CROSSCUT Partner: _______________
_____ JACK & JILL CROSSCUT Partner: _______________
_____ AX THROW
_____ WOMEN’S UNDERHAND
_____ HOT SAW
_____ STOCK SAW
_____ OBSTACLE POLE

-Wood for sawing and chopping events will be 8x8yellow poplar-

I share equipment with__________________ in the following events________________.

NAME: _________________________________ PHONE: _____________________

ADDRESS: ____________________________________________________________

CITY: _______________________________ STATE: __________ ZIP: __________

GENERAL RELEASE
In consideration for permission granted by the Hampshire County Fair for me to participate in the Hampshire County Fair Lumberjack Championships, I, the undersigned participant does hereby release and forever discharge the same from any and all claims for damages by reason of injury that I might suffer as a result of my participation in the aforementioned event(s).

Right now I am working on trying to go to the bigger KY event in Murray in Oct. I think its about to 9-10 hour drive for me to that one.

Yep, that's a 4-5 hour trip for me... I'll be there tho. It was pretty good last year. I think Dustytools is coming too.

Ian

Ok Ok... Melissa talked me into it. I can't wait to see if the 372 is going to make it because the registration deadline is 31 Aug. I'll just register and hope it gets here. It's only $5 so I'm not out much if it doesn't make it.

Ian

Edit.... just got word that my saw will ship next week. :clap: :rock:

Last edited:
London.. I don't have any details on the Murray show.

Ian

Here is last years link for Murray. http://www.kentuckylumberjack.com/
This year she said they added the 3ci stock appearing and could run D-ring handles (like the 460 rescue handles I use on all my saws for work and play) on the stock appearing. That is what I was told in my pm from her.

Maybe we can cut against each other so we dont look so slow running gas saws there. ;)

I'd just be there to make you look better running my super fast Bailey's 30RC Race chain....LOL I might even lower the rakers.. Hoorah!

Ian

Latest posts

Back