Kentucky Wood Expo

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depending on your operator style (heavy handed push or lite and let the chain work. Also depending on how your modded 372/375 runs, TQ or a peaky high rev. I have a pretty aggressive totally finished lightened up and polished race chain ONLY ( no dirty wood) just setting in the back up mode, last used at the Ohio gtg you were at. It is the one that was made for my 7900, but worked better on my 066 with my operating style, so I swapped chains on the saws. It is a 60DL for 16".

You would be amazed at the time shaved off just one cut in a 8x8 with a good chain, let alone the bigger wood. Now times that by 3 cuts in a race, it adds up quick.

Sometime when we are at the same place and you pull that chain catcher off your saw (so it dont destroy a thrown race chain) You can give it a test run and see.

Last edited:
Ian are you still in? Derek said he is signed up and making the trip down there. I just have to much on my plate for this one, maybe the next KY show, I hope hope hope.

Yep, signed up, got my participant parking pass this week in the mail. I practiced a little this past weekend. It's gonna be ugly, I'm talking Ogre Ugly.

Ian

Results

Here are the results of the Wood Expo. The 4- and 4+ saws and chopping were in 8x8 the Hot Saw, Stock Saw, Cross Cut Events were in 10x10 yellow poplar.
Overall Champion Dan Duncan
Kentucky State Champion Dan Duncan

Axe Throw
Dan Duncan 14
Trice Dunn 13/4
Bill Joe Kerr 13/3
Matthew Scheer 13/1
Bill Cogar 12
Larry Burkeen 9
Granville Cox 9
Jonathon Watts 8
Bill Cottrell 8
Emily Duncan 6
Harvey Scheer 6
Tina Wigren 3
Tammy Cushing 2
David Williams 2

Underhand 8x8
Billy Joe Kerr 16.45
Cassity Scheer 19.97
Bill Cogar 24.09
Trice Dunn 26.35
Greg Sharp 33.24
Granville Cox 41.0
Arden Cogar 41.17
Hoss Turnbough 49
Dan Duncan 120.45

Stock 0-3.99 8x8
Wayne Slayton 5.03
Dan Duncan 5.54
Bill Cogar 6.01
Billy Joe Kerr 7.00
Harvey Scheer 7.53
Derek Pugh 7.71
Greg Sharp 9.13
Hoss Turnbough 12.23
Larry Burkeen 17.15
Bill Cottrell 18.18
N/T
Melissa Duncan
Eric Copsey

Two Person 8x8
Dan Duncan/Trice Dunn 4.83
Arden Cogar/Bill Cogar 5.66
Billy Joe Kerr/Harvey Scheer 5.85
Eric Copsey/Derek Pugh 6.94
Bill Cottrell/Greg Sharp 9.07
Granville Cox/ Jim Rutoir 11.05
Williams/Collett 12.19
Jonathon Watts/Mullins 15.16
Hoss Turnbough/Larry Burkeen 15.73

Standing Block 8x8
Bill Cogar 26.79
Arden Cogar 27.24
Dan Duncan 30.07
Trice Dunn 33.30
Billy Joe Kerr 34.89
Cassity Scheer 35.12
Bill Cottrell 42.25
James Turnbough 1:48.3
Granville Cox 1:48.4
Greg Sharp 2:10.3

Stock Appearing 4+ 8x8
Eric Copsey 3.39
Derek Pugh 4.11
Wayne Slayton 4.32
Greg Sharp 5.17
Billy Joe Kerr 5.70
Harvey Scheer 5.85
Larry Burkeen 5.91
Arden Cogar 7.79
Bill Cottrell 15.09

Jack and Jill 10x10
Dan Duncan/Melissa Duncan 6.82
Bill Cogar/ Darlene Cogar 7.86
Trice Dunn/Amanda Dunn 8.81
Billy Joe Kerr/Lindy ? 9.28
Arden Cogar/Carol Cogar 10.23
Tammy Cushing/Jimmy 12.55
Granville Cox/Thelma Cox 12.58
Greg Sharp/ Leslie Lawson 13.55
James Turnbough 13.64
Harvey Scheer/Cindy Scheer 14.03

Stihl Stock Saw
Eric Copsey 8.79
Dan Duncan 9.01
Wayne Slayton 9.25
Bill Cogar 9.34
Michael Spangler 9.57
Arden Cogar 9.67
Billy Joe Kerr 9.78
Harvey Scheer 9.81
Trice Dunn 10.17
Granville Cox 10.31
Bill Cottrell 10.82
Greg Sharp 11.02
Derek Pugh 11.15
Hoss Turnbough 11.18
Melissa Duncan 11.92
Jonathan Watts 12.18
Matthew Scheer 13.74

Single Buck 10x10
Dan Duncan 11.98
James HOSS Turnbough 14.17
Trice Dunn 14.18
Bill Cogar 14.32
Greg Sharp 16.04
Billy Joe Kerr 17.70
Grandville Cox 26.28
Bill Cottrell 32.81
Arden Cogar 41.32

Hot Saw 10x10
Bill Cogar 4.57
Dan Duncan4.93
Eric Copsey 5.22
Derek Pugh 6.10
Arden Cogar 6.94
Greg Sharp 9.60
Larry Burkeen11.01
Bill Cottrell 12.01
Billy Joe Kerr 27.85

You forgot Ian the Haywire Haywood now known as the The Poultry King Chickened Out at the 2007 Kentucky Wood Expo as he tells me he posted in his Sig now. Well at least Ian was Honest about it.

Ian was ready but just wouldn't pull the trigger. Here he is watching the 3.99 and under class. After seeing Wayne's 361 make a cut, he put up the 5ci back in the trunk and became a spectator.

This is all in joking around Ian, if you dont want this stuff here, let me know and I will delete it if before the time limit OK.
Ian.jpg

Will get you hooked yet!

WTG, WJ and TTR! :bowdown: and all competitors that ran.

Last edited:
Doesn't bother me, I deserve a good razzing for being the chicken that I am.. Cluck Cluck. You're giving me more credit than I deserve tho. I never suited up, and the saw never left the trunk of my wife's car...

At least I contributed to the prize money. :clap:

What I am doing tho, is checking with a local sawmill to see what an 8x8 poplar cant costs. If it's not too bad, I might make a short video to simulate what it would have looked like if I had run. Then I can mentally stick my numbers in the list and see where I would have been in the rankings.

Ian

Doesn't bother me, I deserve a good razzing for being the chicken that I am.. Cluck Cluck. You're giving me more credit than I deserve tho. I never suited up, and the saw never left the trunk of my wife's car...

At least I contributed to the prize money. :clap:

What I am doing tho, is checking with a local sawmill to see what an 8x8 poplar cant costs. If it's not too bad, I might make a short video to simulate what it would have looked like if I had run. Then I can mentally stick my numbers in the list and see where I would have been in the rankings.

Ian

Who filed your chain?

Carlton. I just held back a new loop of Woodsman Pro RC from firewood trips so I wouldn't have to subject it to my (lack of) sharpening skills. No pricey race chain in this guy's budget.

Ian

hey...how many of you guy's went to the event in murray kentucky last year??? i was there..i did one man buck. ran an 440. and my 084 that i had(that dustytools now has) will prolly go again this year

Dusty, did you enter the 084 in the show at Murray? :D

Ian

he should...i did what i thought was fairly respectable with it last year...i think i was right around 9 seconds. with an 084 woods saw. with a 24" bar and a work chain....and if i remember right it didn't fire on the first pull

it was also my first show that i ran a saw in

Invite

Hey Ian,
I am throwing out another personal invite. We would love for you to come and run at our show (Kentucky Lumberjack Challenge). Heck if you will run I will pay your entry fee. I don't give up easy. It is to fun competing.
Melissa

Last edited:
Hey Ian,
I am throwing out another personal invite. We would love for you to come and run at our show (Kentucky Lumberjack Challenge). Heck if you will run I will pay your entry fee. I don't give up easy. It is to fun competing.
Melissa

When does this show take place Melissa?

That's the Murray Show on October 20th.

I really appreciate the invite Melissa, but performing in front of a crowd just isn't in me. It's bad enough at GTGs with just 10 guys standing around watching. 100+ folk on bleachers with popcorn and ice cream is just freaks me out. It's one of my most favorite personal demons. He stays away from my other demons tho, He thinks they're watching him. :dizzy:

Ian

What is happening in Madison County . Where are you from in Carlisle county that is not far from Murray. Where you at my show last year?
Melissa

I live in Carlisle, Ky. which is in Nicholas County. Just a few getting together Sunday to do a little milling and cutting in Ians neck of the woods over in Madison co.

Latest posts

Back