Knife to a gunfight...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried that race many years ago at my camp up north. There were two, big, young guys on the crosscut. They'd had a couple beers and swore they could cut a 14" log faster than my Pioneer P40.
They couldn't, but it was a very close race. Those things can fly through the wood with young athletes pulling on them. The real difference was that I then finished bucking the log while they tried to catch their breath.

Chopwood said:
http://www.zippyvideos.com/5055098152475946/xcut_a_mark_bethlehem_091105_mpeg/
I don't see many stock chainsaws beating us. This is a world record cut, by the way.

Cool!

BTW,

image.php

Isn't that kind of a mean thing to say? :confused:

Chopwood said:
http://www.zippyvideos.com/5055098152475946/xcut_a_mark_bethlehem_091105_mpeg/
I don't see many stock chainsaws beating us. This is a world record cut, by the way.

And what's the point of a stock chainsaw?:laugh:

I just thought it odd, the cross-cut being a competition-tuned and sharpened model with two expert operators VS. the K-mart looking chainsaw with who-knows-what level of preparation.

It IS cool seeing man against machine. And a crowd-pleaser and that's the point of shows.

Kinda like mules against my truck. A LOT of mules.

OFF topic. Hey Mark.

The apostrophe is only used for the possessive form, NEVER for plurals.

So I looked at your reference. 1.C.ii. yadda yadda. That's not what I was taught. I'll check my old references. The language should be and is dynamic, but the punctuation rules should have some stability.

I agree that the language has taken quite a beating, and that is pathetic when we only have one language to learn.

WadePatton said:
The apostrophe is only used for the possessive form, NEVER for plurals.

So I looked at your reference. 1.C.ii. yadda yadda. That's not what I was taught. I'll check my old references. The language should be and is dynamic, but the punctuation rules should have some stability.

I agree that the language has taken quite a beating, and that is pathetic when we only have one language to learn.

Two examples for you:

Wade, is your last name spelled with one t or two t's?

Wouldn't it be easier to spell with one t?

The first sentence has plural t's with an apostrophe.
The second sentence has a contraction with an apostrophe.

That's not the exception I was referring to. I'll post it someday when I find it.

Mite B gooder to start a hole knew thread in da off-topic forum's area. Your welcome.:taped:

Back