knuckleboom crane truck

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So say for instance you wanna prune a tree and use it as a tip you don't have to leave the truck running you can do everything from the tree. Shut it off for an hour then move it.around again.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

So say for instance you wanna prune a tree and use it as a tip you don't have to leave the truck running you can do everything from the tree. Shut it off for an hour then move it.around again.

What's your remote look like, Matt? From what I've seen they're pretty bulky, wouldn't want to be carrying it around the tree if I didn't have to. Though I've seen vids of guys doing it, it sure looks like an awful cluster#### of #### to deal with up there.

aefcc2d7-5202-db07.jpg

ill try hooking up a 2 part line tomorrow line with the winch tomorrow and we can see what she really will lift. I suck at making video's but ill find someone that can and when i say i suck i mean i have no idea how or the equipment. im still waiting on my outrigger pads to come in its kinda a necessity if you look in the pictures i had some 4x4's under the side i was lifting off of and when you put around a ton out 50 foot horizontal it will crack them and sink so some good cribbing is gonna be a necessity that ill screw with tomorrow after i get done bidding its supposed to rain most of the day.

i give the guys props that are running them from a tree definetly would take a whole lot of practice. it will be a good month before ill be ready to do anything of size with it. even on the slowest setting its really really easy to get the boom moving to fast. i doubt ill ever be running it set on rabbit i have never even idle'd the truck up and have been running it on turtle and its definetly pretty fast.

Last edited:
Nice truck Matt, congratulations.

Thanks vet i cant sleep im like a kid on xmas i drove it home all night last night so i got home at like 2 am and didnt end up going to bed till like 4 by the time i got eveything done so i was beat all day didnt get to play with it as much as i wanted to.

Ya I can feed it while hooked to the truck as far as compacity I'm not 100% sure its 14 foot long. The box has the re enforced sides inside and out to keep logs from bending it all up. And you can lift the roof off.

You might still wanna screw some plywood on the inside of that box to help with the dents.

Sweet unit! Looks very similar to a company around here that has one. They are an animal doing removals, very fast. Big 6 axle mack chip truck, knuckle boom and a big bucket truck. I believe they have 90 ft of stick, but no winch that I know of. I went to school with the their operator, he likes to sit on the truck to feel the movement of the load/truck. I think you will find this easier to run than a crane, because you don't have all that cable swinging around. Just hook the strap and cut it off. Hope you have a big enough chipper and chip truck, cause you will be just flying through the work.:rock:

You might still wanna screw some plywood on the inside of that box to help with the dents.

ya i probably will do the ply wood but if i put big enough stuff in thier i would probably unload it with the loader i hate beating them around dumping them. i can see small marks on my buckets box from dumping wood so i try and be super careful.

Sweet unit! Looks very similar to a company around here that has one. They are an animal doing removals, very fast. Big 6 axle mack chip truck, knuckle boom and a big bucket truck. I believe they have 90 ft of stick, but no winch that I know of. I went to school with the their operator, he likes to sit on the truck to feel the movement of the load/truck. I think you will find this easier to run than a crane, because you don't have all that cable swinging around. Just hook the strap and cut it off. Hope you have a big enough chipper and chip truck, cause you will be just flying through the work.:rock:

as far as chip space we usually couldnt fill up in a day. bucket truck's 2 11 foot boxes. knuckleboom 14 foot box, hooklift truck 2-20 foot boxes. f-550 8 foot bed. around 120 feet of bed to chip into.

as far as the chipper im going to wait intill the spring and pick up an 1890 bandit i think. i would do the woodsman but i cant see myself buying something that i cant even demo.

as far as chip space we usually couldnt fill up in a day. bucket truck's 2 11 foot boxes. knuckleboom 14 foot box, hooklift truck 2-20 foot boxes. f-550 8 foot bed. around 120 feet of bed to chip into.

as far as the chipper im going to wait intill the spring and pick up an 1890 bandit i think. i would do the woodsman but i cant see myself buying something that i cant even demo.

Aww, I'd be looking at a Morbark along with the bandit. When I think about a drum machine, I think Morbark and associate bandit's with disc chippers.

Woodsman chippers are now owned by Terex, so maybe there is some new dealers for your area.

Latest posts

Back