• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Sell KS 10mm 044 parts saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fin460

Ham Fisted
Reaction score
Nice original saw here.

I split the case to fix the leaking case gasket. That's all the saw needed, so I reassembled the saw. I didn't touch the bearings.

If that's a problem don't buy the saw, please don't lecture me on I should have replaced with new bearings.

If I did it over again I would replace them.

No problems yet, but I've only ran it a few tanks.

I'm selling as parts, since I reused the bearings.

Piston and cylinder are original, and were in perfect condition when I tore the saw down. I just rechecked compression and it is still over 175 on my gauge.

A nice KS jug. I put the wrap handle and clutch cover on the saw. This is originally a standard handle saw.

$475 shipped pho.

i regularly reuse bearings in saws. if they are still good why replace them? pretty stupid for someone to whine about bearings not being replaced when you got a big end that can't be replaced. replace a good set of mains with another good new set of mains only to leave an old big end bearing. lol i've seen big ends outlast 2 top ends and i've also seen mains outlast 2 top ends. i've pulled saws apart to replace a PTO main and left the flywheel main only to see that saw a few years later needing another PTO main and the flywheel main still being good.

i regularly reuse bearings in saws. if they are still good why replace them? pretty stupid for someone to whine about bearings not being replaced when you got a big end that can't be replaced. replace a good set of mains with another good new set of mains only to leave an old big end bearing. lol i've seen big ends outlast 2 top ends and i've also seen mains outlast 2 top ends. i've pulled saws apart to replace a PTO main and left the flywheel main only to see that saw a few years later needing another PTO main and the flywheel main still being good.

The load that the big end carries is different from the load that the mains carry though. You're comparing apples to oranges.

I think it is more important to remember the main bearings you've seen that have NOT outlasted two top ends, especially the ones that have only slightly outlasted one!

I'm guessing you've seen that too.

I think it is more important to remember the main bearings you've seen that have NOT outlasted two top ends, especially the ones that have only slightly outlasted one!

I'm guessing you've seen that too.

very few here are capable of wearing a saw out in a lifetime. reusing a healthy bearing is small time. i replace them when they need to be replaced not just because unless of course i can get the bearings quick and cheap. every saw i build with reused bearings lasts too. i'm on a new kick now where i run saws til there dead and then just buy a new one rather then rebuild the old one.

Nice original saw here.

I split the case to fix the leaking case gasket. That's all the saw needed, so I reassembled the saw. I didn't touch the bearings.

If that's a problem don't buy the saw, please don't lecture me on I should have replaced with new bearings.

If I did it over again I would replace them.

No problems yet, but I've only ran it a few tanks.

I'm selling as parts, since I reused the bearings.

Piston and cylinder are original, and were in perfect condition when I tore the saw down. I just rechecked compression and it is still over 175 on my gauge.

A nice KS jug. I put the wrap handle and clutch cover on the saw. This is originally a standard handle saw.

$475 shipped pho.

IMO, when rebuilding a saw; it's much more important to replace the chain than the bearings- just sayin.. :innocent:

Props to you for being an upfront, full disclosure seller. I shouldn't have said anything earlier.

I'm suspicious this saw will be marked "sold" far sooner than saws where you have to beg and plead to get decent pictures and starting pricing, let alone an accurate history of components.

Fin is a good dude he is busy be patient with him he is a farmer fulltime

Not busting his chops. We all see a lot of saws for sale months after they sold. Just trying to help clean up the ads so we know what's out there. I trust he will correct it as soon as he has time.

Back