Ky Storm Damage

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apparently there was am even worse outbreak in 2011 based on number killed and number of storms. I had forgotten about that one. I do not remember anything this destructive happening this late in the year. Seems like a complete freak to me for December.
I think that's the one that hit the St. Louis area.

Remnants of Huricane Ike and the straight line winds ripped us a new one in 2008. I was lucky and only without power for 1-full week. Nothing more than some loose shingles. The draw that I live is a natural break, a valley shielded from west to east winds.

I am just north of Louisville KY and we thankfully did not get any damage, just some wind. Heard one news station say this could be worse than the outbreak of 74. Thoughts and prayers to all those affected.

I think that's the one that hit the St. Louis area.
Actually the worst part of that 2011 storm was in Joplin, Missouri. Over half the city was completely wiped out. Hundreds of twisters were reported in that massive storm. Yes, it might have reached across the state to St. Louis. Two years later I attended a chainsaw GTG in Carthage, hosted by Hedge, one of our members. Nobody then wanted to talk about the massive destruction that storm caused so close by. They were still trying to shake it off.

The National Corvette Museum took minor damage but the Corvette Plant lost some roof and burned approximately 3 hours. The Motorsports Park took severe widespread damage...

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

The National Corvette Museum took minor damage but the Corvette Plant lost some roof and burned approximately 3 hours. The Motorsports Park took severe widespread damage...

From last night
4ca7eebb27c4e0ea68dff54ac87ae353.jpg

Back