Labonville Chainsaw Chaps

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jtheo

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
There was a thread last week asking how many wore chaps, and I realized that I had got slack about that.

My old chaps were kind of ragged and I had just about quit wearing them.

Thing is, last week I had the ported 372 bucking back or pushing back three times in one log.

It was a red oak with a lot of knots and it had been on the ground long enough to season out hard.

I kept the saw under control, but if maybe I was not paying attention, something bad could have happened. Especially with the push back and the femoral artery at risk.

Anyway, I ordered a set of Labonville full wrap chaps from Bailey's and these things are nice.

Easy on, do not restrict my movement, very comfortable to wear.

They might even save a trip to the hospital or worse.

If you need a set of chaps, consider these.

I also have a set of the full wraps from them and they seem very well constructed. I don't have much time on mine. Maybe 20 minutes. but they go on and off easy. Order them longer rather than shorter in my opinion.

I am 48yrs.old,grew up around sawmills,chainsaws and heated with wood all my life,cut firewood for a living for 10 yrs with a poulan 3400 bowsaw (probably one of the most dangerous saws there is) and have yet to see a pair of chaps.(I have however seen some very nasty wounds) I've just been lucky. Ordered a pair of full wrap Labonville from Bailey's last week.Thanks to everyone for all the input and advice.

I've been using a saw since 1974 or so and finally got my first set of chaps a week ago. I also got the Labonville full wraps and I like 'em! Light, easy on and off and shed brush and briars better than jeans.

I'm extremely lucky that I didn't get cut over the years and I had a few close calls, So I've made myself a promise that I won't use my saws anymore without the chaps. Cheapest insurance on the planet. :msp_thumbsup:

My oldest son bought me a pair for xmas, I've been lucky so far but at 64 years old, not taking any more chances.

sorry to de-rail a bit, but, are the competition chaps practical for woods use? i don't wanna spend the money on them just to find out the standard chaps would have been better for daily use. thanks!

sorry to de-rail a bit, but, are the competition chaps practical for woods use? i don't wanna spend the money on them just to find out the standard chaps would have been better for daily use. thanks!

I want to know the answer to that as well. Good question Mann! In my mind the extra layers of kevlar would be a good thing- but it may also restrict movement- not bad if your just cuttin cookies, but cuttin up a tree you need reasonably free movement.

Labonville is a site sponsor. I've had good luck getting a response when I contact them with a question. I've got a couple pair of their chaps and opted to go a little long myself. They aren't bad when you get used to wearing them. Kinda feel named when I fire up a saw without them now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back