Largest cc score for me yet in one shot.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

homelitejim

Full of Scrap
Reaction score
Saw shop mechanic saw my Poulan 4900 and said he had a few like it at home, I of course asked him if he wanted to sell them and he took my #. Got a call from him this morning and arranged a pick up.

Photo0194.jpg

Photo0193.jpg

Photo0192.jpg

He pulls out 3 8500's and as I am about to leave he say's wait might as well take this one and hands me a 5200, man was I jacked to be pulling 4 85cc saws at one shot all for $80.

I went and got a bit of wood so they are still in my tahoe, I will pull them out when the wife goes to bed.

That's a nice score. I'm sure you can get a couple runners out of them.

Great score there. You are going to love working on those old gals - very elegant design. And those full wraps give them a such a rugged look. Bet there are plenty of members willing to take a set off your hands. (Me!!)

Al.

Great score there. You are going to love working on those old gals - very elegant design. And those full wraps give them a such a rugged look. Bet there are plenty of members willing to take a set off your hands. (Me!!)

Al.

Yeah, I would like to own one as well.

Saw shop mechanic saw my Poulan 4900 and said he had a few like it at home, I of course asked him if he wanted to sell them and he took my #. Got a call from him this morning and arranged a pick up.

Photo0194.jpg

Photo0193.jpg

Photo0192.jpg

He pulls out 3 8500's and as I am about to leave he say's wait might as well take this one and hands me a 5200, man was I jacked to be pulling 4 85cc saws at one shot all for $80.

I went and got a bit of wood so they are still in my tahoe, I will pull them out when the wife goes to bed.

Chicken!!! Tom

man, you guys are starting to make me want a big ol' poulan. are they really that good?
They are heavy, loud, tons of torque, and American made, so yes they are that good.
Congratulations Jim. You should have enough there to keep you busy for a while.

Mark
The cleaning alone is going to take me a week.:msp_biggrin: But as we know the grime preserves the saw.

Al.
Yes, and now I have the urge to grow a beard and mustache.:msp_biggrin:
Chicken!!! Tom
Damn straight
Wonder how an 8500 would stack up against an 064.
Let me get one running and then I will see.

Well I finally got them out of my car and took a wrench to the mufflers. Two of the 8500 are bright and shiny and the other has some very light scoring to the right of the exhaust port. The 5200 is in great shape with great piston and cylinder but the case has cracks and welds around the front of the saw, I am really tempted to pull the piston and cylinder and sneak it into my 4900 for fun.
Photo0199.jpg

Jim you dont want to do that with the 4900, mine runs so close to the 5200's that it would be a waste. Find a burnt up 4200/5200 or such to do that with.

Anyway you look at it, you hit the jackpot with those good top ends!

My 8500 deal seems to have fizzled out so I'm up for one of those with a good top if your moving any later on.

Back