Laser Log Marker

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dalmatian90

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Not really a fair comparison, one guy had a Dolmar for bucking and the other one only had a Stihl. :msp_tongue:

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8iwgLFdDik8?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I had an idea to use a laser for marking a few years ago -- as I'm sure several thousands of others have.

It'd be okay I guess, just one more thing to go wrong on a saw or to maintain.

They should have let the guy mark with his story-pole while the other was messing with the laser. . . I think the outcome would have been different.

i'm not a dolmar guy, but it looks like his saw is significantly bigger too. looks like maybe an 18" bar 50cc class, and stihl looks like an MS180. Yeah, no bias in that video.

I think it is a slick idea. Like said above, a lot of guys proly thought of it, I did a crude design/description and tried to shop it to oregon but they weren't all that interested. I think a universal one you could bolt onto any saw might sell.

I cut to 16 so I just use my trim saw with the 16 inch bar for marking the big logs, smaller stuff I just eyeball and get them close enough. The woodstve doesn't mind if they are 14-18 really, neither do the stacks. If garden goddess is with me, I'll use a tape though, get her to hold it and run down and hit the red marks a touch, then go back and buck.

Latest posts

Back