Lasers replacing the logger and chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see how lasers would replace the logger and chainsaws but they could be be used for tree trimming potentially for various reasons including preventing branches from touching power lines. I don't know how much of a fire hazard it would be.

Imagine someone trimming "Your" trees 🌳 . In Your yard . From his yard , cause he didn't like the veiw from his yard. While your on vacation. This could get very ugly, if available to the public.

Chinese huh, probably just an experiment for warfare. US already has that technology on ships. I could see an advantage where helicopters are used to clear electrical lines.

I don't see how lasers would replace the logger and chainsaws but they could be be used for tree trimming potentially for various reasons including preventing branches from touching power lines. I don't know how much of a fire hazard it would be.

My first thought was for clearing utility ROW too. Field edges come to mind also.

Imagine someone trimming "Your" trees 🌳 . In Your yard . From his yard , cause he didn't like the veiw from his yard. While your on vacation. This could get very ugly, if available to the public.
It's stupid. Would somebody please explain how the direction that the tree is going to be controlled with a laser? Nobody has mentioned how that is done. I think that you guys don't understand the necessity of that skill.

Perhaps this should have been posted in an arborist/tree work forum because trimming trees in yards isn't really logging. I'd be a master logger if trimming limbs off trees was logging. I have pruned many a rose bush. Did a regeneration cut early this spring of my roses. Maybe a laser could be used for that as there is no need for directional felling.

It's stupid. Would somebody please explain how the direction that the tree is going to be controlled with a laser? Nobody has mentioned how that is done. I think that you guys don't understand the necessity of that skill.

Perhaps this should have been posted in an arborist/tree work forum because trimming trees in yards isn't really logging. I'd be a master logger if trimming limbs off trees was logging. I have pruned many a rose bush. Did a regeneration cut early this spring of my roses. Maybe a laser could be used for that as there is no need for directional felling.
gees yer startin to sound like Bob...

I remember thinking about the idea of falling timber with a laser back when I was a young lad. Sounds cool, burning a face out in seconds flat & never having to do any bar & chain related maintenance. Need a special terminating laser though, adjustable length for your convenience.

While I've only ever hurt myself with a chainsaw by falling on it, or jamming the dawg into my quad.
It would only be a matter of time before the laser-powersaw would claim it's flesh & inflict mortal damage. Probably while falling off of a tailgate, or something stupid.

The chainsaw IMO, is one of the most amazing & timeless tools ever created. It's not going anywhere.

I remember thinking about the idea of falling timber with a laser back when I was a young lad. Sounds cool, burning a face out in seconds flat & never having to do any bar & chain related maintenance. Need a special terminating laser though, adjustable length for your convenience.

While I've only ever hurt myself with a chainsaw by falling on it, or jamming the dawg into my quad.
It would only be a matter of time before the laser-powersaw would claim it's flesh & inflict mortal damage. Probably while falling off of a tailgate, or something stupid.

The chainsaw IMO, is one of the most amazing & timeless tools ever created. It's not going anywhere.
Just like the two stroke engine that powers it ............. well just like the battery that powers it anyway. ha ha ha

I don't think they had lasers back then. lol Maybe Buck Rogers had one. OT :cool:

Back