Last Hard Sugar Maple Logging Job of 2022 And "orientation" for a friend

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True, My Chinese Makita crapped out on me.
Huh? Makita isn't a chinese company like the clone companies are- it's a Japanese company. Almost all Makita saws were made in Germany except for a few home owner grade models. Stihl and Husky saws & products that might be made in china don't make either of those companies chinese either. Only chinese companies are chinese companies.

There is plenty of money to be made in America and on YT via ethical capitalism- you don't have to shill for chinese companies to make a good living.
Of course u are peachin to the choir. I was a former manufacturing engineer watching our infrastructure go over seas. So understand better than most. But I ask you, who's worst, the ones building and selling direct? Or the ones who build from the same manufacturing infrastructure , slap a label and charge 30 to 40 percent more and then call the former the "enemy" :)

I'm not chillin for anyone. If that was a Stihl & I made the same video it would be the same. Echo, any of them. I used the g395 this year, a 565 last, and will use a 585 and 572 next. Just living life and sharing. Using one saw or another and living life isn't chillin, its sharing real experience for interested folks to see how a tool fits into that world. In this series the Makita failed, the Holzfforma didn't so does that make that g395 the enemy? I will fix the Makita because it is a cool little saw, regardless of where it's built.

And to your YT point, I'm retired. Don't have a horse in the race. I'll run any saw that's interesting to me & my subs, and folks like you do nothing to either enhance or deter my focus or interest. I get NOTHING from any of the sources of tools I run. YT doesn't pay enough to matter either, it's pure entertainment for me. If you drop a Makita or Echo on my door step, I'll run some it out of courtesy, and if it works say so, if its a problem I'll say that, as I did with the Aftermarket 372's a few years back. Raw no bias. But only the saws I LIKE and work get the time that 565 did last year or this 395 does now. It earned that spot. I'm not selling, just repoeting.

Thanks. I'd not seen one one before and it was hard to make out what it was covered in snow.

Seems to be a handy thing if you've got a big tractor to pul it and you are doing a lot of unsurfaced roads.

https://www.garfieldequipment.com/graderblade.html
I had them in Colorado in the 1990's for doing final grades, driveways ( longer gravel driveways ) private subdivisions etc. Pulled it behind that International since 1992 :) Also had "Yellow" equipment but that farm tractor / Pull dozer combo made MORE money than any of the others. Especially road work, got near road grader quality finish work for a fraction of the up front and running costs with that older farm tractor ( International 1066 ) AND it could carry the road base or gravel way better than a grader blade. I would crawl over the pile and literally drag it down the roads letting it "bleed" out the bottom and do in one or two passes what it would take either a loader / grader combo to do or many passes with a grader :)

Always enjoy your take on saws and living with them Walt.
Alot of posters/ posers probably never cut a log up or felled a tree let alone filmed it , easy to see when they don't have any content online, but plenty of mouth.
G395 is gonna be my next purchase and your videos definitely helped with that decision.

Back